Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Getting an iPhone 6

• 26-11-2014 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭

Apologies if this isn't posted in the correct thread but I am currently debating whether or not to get the iPhone 6. I am currently pay as you go with vodafone and their bill pay offers seem to be chronic. E mobile offered the 16gb, for €124 with 6 months at €24 and 18 months at €39 for unlimited calls and texts and 5gb of data. Is this actually too good to be true? live in North Kerry but I work in Tralee so I should pick up 3G at least for the majority of the day, if anyone has been on a similar plan I'd love to know how they find it. Also, the 64gb iPhone is €220 with the same deal, should I just fork out for the better model in case I get stuck for space? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Apologies if this isn't posted in the correct thread but I am currently debating whether or not to get the iPhone 6. I am currently pay as you go with vodafone and their bill pay offers seem to be chronic. E mobile offered the 16gb, for €124 with 6 months at €24 and 18 months at €39 for unlimited calls and texts and 5gb of data. Is this actually too good to be true? live in North Kerry but I work in Tralee so I should pick up 3G at least for the majority of the day, if anyone has been on a similar plan I'd love to know how they find it. Also, the 64gb iPhone is €220 with the same deal, should I just fork out for the better model in case I get stuck for space? Thanks

Emobile is €229 for the 16GB on that plan over 24 months, I signed up yesterday but at €279 over 18 months. 64GB is €100 more. http://www.emobile.ie/phonesplansmore/phones/?view=ViewAll&make=16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

What plans are you looking at? Following the link above if you click iphone 6 and then choose plan, it's €54 per month for the unlimited calls/texts and 5gb data. Pretty sure that price is dependant on you having an eircom account. Without it, it's an extra €10.

guil wrote: »
    What plans are you looking at? Following the link above if you click iphone 6 and then choose plan, it's €54 per month for the unlimited calls/texts and 5gb data. Pretty sure that price is dependant on you having an eircom account. Without it, it's an extra €10.

54 per month is the non-eircom customer price, 39 per month is the eircom customer price but the offer is 24 for 6 months and 39 for 18 months so average is just over 35 euro per month over 24 months for an eircom customer.

That price is only available as part of a bundle with broadband and home phone and you have to enter into another 12 month contract with eircom.

Also the small print beneath the price plans state all plans over select 200 include an eircom customer discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭tommyhayes1989

I spoke with the rep inside in emobile and he said that this has no bearing on the landline account. All I need is to live in a house with an eircom account, is this legit or are they lassoing me into a bad deal

• Advertisement

Look up the price plans from the link above. Without an eircom account its €64 per month, with on its €54. The plan for 39 per month says it's only available as part of a landline, broadband and mobile bundle.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

guil wrote: »
    Look up the price plans from the link above. Without an eircom account its €64 per month, with on its €54. The plan for 39 per month says it's only available as part of a landline, broadband and mobile bundle.

If I remember correctly up to 4 individuals in a household with an Eircom line can sign up for an eMobile account. My Mrs had no problem getting an iPhone 6 from eMobile even though the Eircom account is in my name. She gets her own bill, not one attached to the eircom account.

The term 'bundle' appears to be very loose :)

Graham wrote: »
    If I remember correctly up to 4 individuals in a household with an Eircom line can sign up for an eMobile account. My Mrs had no problem getting an iPhone 6 from eMobile even though the Eircom account is in my name. She gets her own bill, not one attached to the eircom account.

The term 'bundle' appears to be very loose :)
    I was the same when I had eMobile. I used my fathers account at a different address and nothing was said. That was before any of the bundles came in though.

This pic will explain the point I was trying to get across

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭tommyhayes1989

So what you guys are saying is that this will actually affect my dad's eircom landline account? Or is there no effect?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

So what you guys are saying is that this will actually affect my dad's eircom landline account? Or is there no effect?

No effect that I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Just be careful - I was sold the 18 month version of this contract by CPW as having 4G and 4G is only available on the 24 month version.

Emobile have washed their hands of it and CPW aren't much use either. Their 3G speeds a brutal.

Advertisement