Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on buying video games oustide the EU

Options
  • 26-11-2014 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

So I've bought games from videogamesplus.ca (Canadian store) before (The Last of Us for PS4) mainly because the site is so much cheaper than anywhere else, especially stores. But I've just read somewhere that although the game itself may not be region locked, the DLC is. Is this true? When it says DLC does that mean content you buy additionally on the PSN store or updates that arrive for the game? What about codes that sometimes come in the box to play online? Appreciate if someone could help me here!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya you need too buy the dlc from the us or Canadian psn store, I open to correction. On this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

Ya you need too buy the dlc from the us or Canadian psn store, I open to correction. On this though.

Is it only DLC that you buy? Say for instance, one of the addons like a hat in The Last Of Us for 99c? What about actual updates for the game? are they affected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

EvanKelly6 wrote: »
    Is it only DLC that you buy? Say for instance, one of the addons like a hat in The Last Of Us for 99c? What about actual updates for the game? are they affected?

Yes you would have to buy your DLC from the US store as its a US game. But with the last of us you can get away with it as there is just pointless DLC on the store for it and all the main DLC is on the disc.

The game will update no problem.

I have seen the last of us digital US copy being sold quite cheap there online in the past few days but it was only $24.49 so less then €20 is you don't mind downloading it

Heres the link
    http://gamedealdaily.com/playstation-4/the-last-of-us-remastered-full-game-download/

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

Yes you would have to buy your DLC from the US store as its a US game. But with the last of us you can get away with it as there is just pointless DLC on the store for it and all the main DLC is on the disc.

The game will update no problem.

I have seen the last of us digital US copy being sold quite cheap there online in the past few days but it was only $24.49 so less then €20 is you don't mind downloading it

I should be okay then as I never download these DLC's and don't plan to! Should i be okay to keep getting games from Canada or is there anything else that may catch me out?

Advertisement