Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yahoo Mail Accented í and ú's

Options
  • 26-11-2014 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi. I was wondering could anyone help me with this? Recently I lost the ability to type í and ú's in yahoo mail. Can still manage to get áéó when composing email messages in Irish. Always used the AltGr button and the vowel but this no longer works for í's and ú. There is no issue when typing in word or google etc..Just Yahoo Mail. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Have you tried another internet browser? It could be the customizations Yahoo have made to the message body pane is blocking them for some reason, but to rule out a browser issue I'd try another if possible

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dolphin33

Hi Nick. I had thought of this. I normally use IE. Downloaded Firefox but the issue remains the same. Messed around also with the Encoding on the Compose message panel of Yahoo mail but to no avail. Its desperately frustrating when you're trying to type as Gaeilge. Can you think of anything else to try? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Try Google chrome browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Aslo another thing to try if that don't work. Get a Gmail account and log into your Yahoo mail through it so you send email through Yahoo but email would be written in Gmail. I know it's a bit of a work around but you will be back writing as gaeilge in no time.

Advertisement