Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending the volume range of doorbell

Options
  • 26-11-2014 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My Mum and Dad are hard of hearing.
    Need to extend the volume of their door bell into other rooms so they can hear it. Can someone advise if its an electrician I need. They currently have a video entry system which was installed around 24 years ago!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

My Mum and Dad are hard of hearing.
    Need to extend the volume of their door bell into other rooms so they can hear it. Can someone advise if its an electrician I need. They currently have a video entry system which was installed around 24 years ago!
    Thanks![/quote
    Hi
    Not sure it would work with your parents system but I got my folks the plug in wireless doorbell which has 4 bell units and I plugged one into each room , the volume can be adjusted on each unit and there is even a portable unit you can purchase so that can be carried outside to garden in pocket if needed.
    I am sure any alarm installer would be able to hook extra bells around the house. .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Catherine Jane

Thanks for your reply. Will follow up on your helpful suggestion.

A second speaker / bell thing in the right place would = more volume.

Advertisement