Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

please help picking all entertainment for my new house

• 26-11-2014 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I was hoping to get some help picking the best options for my new home. We should have the keys in 2/3 weeks. We currently have sky and sky broadband (rented accommodation) himself is still in contract for broadband (due to expire in feb) so we may have to buy that out or keep it.

The house can get the works from everyone. We tend to watch sky atlantic sky living and on demand a lot. Although come to think of it its actually catch up I use a lot But I'm open to suggestions. We watch a lot online too. I want to put a TV in the kitchen and the bedroom and possibly another room too and I would be delighted with free to air in those rooms but I don't know how I get these set up and from whom.

So basically I need suggestions on broadband, TV packs, multiroom or freesat (don't need phone but I think most make you take it ). If we could afford sport it would be great for himself. Currently we don't have it. Rugby is the only sport that would be needed

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is the wrong place feel free to move it if so

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

main room stick to the sky tv package ( and keep the remaining part of your contract with both sky tv and broadband). After that either go with eircom efibre or upc broadband only. So i would recommend an octo lnb on your sky dish and install an aerial for saorview

kitchen saorview and a freesat box

bedroom as above

other room as above

for sport as he likes rugby you have to either choose sky or the setanta pack as the rugby coverage is divided up as follows

Pro 12 sky, tg4 bbc ni bbc wales and s4c
    aviva premiership BT
    Top 14 sky
    Internationals rte, bbc and sky

this is just a quick rough guide, hopefully others will contribute. best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

If it helps with offers I was going to get sky in my name for the new house to avail of new customer deals. I think the old owner had Eircom and I didn't see a satelitte. Himself had sky for years so is out of contract for the TV but not the broadband. It costs €85 a month for sky variety plus HD and broadband.

How would I get the saorview/freesat installed? I wouldn't know how to do it myself he doesn't know either :-(

Thanks for response

Edit: I don't mind laying out an initial payment to set up all the freesat boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭kooga

putting in your name is an option. might be cheaper to buy out your broadband contract i don't know

another option, would be to contact irish satellitte and aerial insatallation ISSA. click on the map where you live and find an installer in your area and discuss your requirements.

Oh excellent I will look into ISSA.

So it might work out I get the best of everything if I get UPC broadband for €52 pm then sky variety plus hd (no sport but we could get offers during the year maybe) for €45

I thought €80 would be a good ball park but considering the quality of upc broadband it should be worth it.

I also bought an android box running xbmc but its unusable in this rented house as I can't directly connect it to the router and the wireless connection renders it useless. Maybe with upc this will add to our tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

kooga wrote: »
    another option, would be to contact irish satellitte and aerial insatallation ISSA. click on the map where you live and find an installer in your area and discuss your requirements.

It's ISAA: Irish Satellite & Aerial Association. I haven't been able to get onto their website the couple of times I've tried in the last week or 2, much less click on any maps.

• Advertisement

I googled it and realised it was ISAA and I couldn't get into either.

I was looking at sky and UPC and the new customer offers aren't great. Sky have a free Samsung galaxy s4 but it needs to be ordered by 4-12-14 and I'm afraid to order before I have the keys. Although I would prefer to have everything lined up and ready to go there are too many variables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

I presume you noticed the phone no. in the Google result, or maybe try a PM to this guy, who seems to be 1 of their 'higher-ups'.

Advertisement