Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Commuting with a Suit

• 26-11-2014 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭

Any work commuters out there have any good ways of carrying a suit?

I used to just wear my work cloths under my motorbike gear and bring the shoes in my topbox. However I have just started a new job where my commute is much further and I am required to wear a full suit.

I find wearing it under my gear results in it wrinkled and looking $hit by the time I get to work. Has anyone come across any motorbike suitable suit carriers / bags or have any other bright ideas (aside from folding it nicely and putting it in my top box ;))?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

notmymark wrote: »
    Any work commuters out there have any good ways of carrying a suit?

I used to just wear my work cloths under my motorbike gear and bring the shoes in my topbox. However I have just started a new job where my commute is much further and I am required to wear a full suit.

I find wearing it under my gear results in it wrinkled and looking $hit by the time I get to work. Has anyone come across any motorbike suitable suit carriers / bags or have any other bright ideas (aside from folding it nicely and putting it in my top box ;))?

Leave the suit in work. Even find a dry cleaners close to work to save you ever having to take it home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

leppla wrote: »
    Leave the suit in work. Even find a dry cleaners close to work to save you ever having to take it home.

Same goes with shoes etc, it saves a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Yip - leave it all there.. thats my method

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭notmymark

hmm simplest answer is often the best. Thanks guys!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

At first glance I thought your thread title had the word "slut" in it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

irish_goat wrote: »
    At first glance I thought your thread title had the word "slut" in it. :pac:

Commuting with a slut :eek:

Now theres an idea :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

KTRIC wrote: »
    Commuting with a slut :eek:

Now theres an idea :pac:

It would distract people from the wrinkly suit

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

As the lads said above, leave the suit in work. Works for me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

just dont forget to lock the door when you're getting changed - or if you're getting stripped in the jax, be sure there's not p!ss all over the floor!!!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aye, what everyone else. If you can, leave a suit or two at work along with 5 shirts and 4 ties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

biko wrote: »
    Aye, what everyone else. If you can, leave a suit or two at work along with 5 shirts and 4 ties.

Why 4 ties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Why 4 ties?
    Casual Friday :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

If you must, a bag similar to this would be a good choice

http://www.overstock.com/Luggage-Bags/Tribeca-Nylon-Tri-fold-Carry-on-Garment-Bag/3355766/product.html

I got an adidas one of these about 5 years ago for 20 quid in Penneys or TK Maxx and it's gotten plenty of use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Leaving a couple of suits, a spare shirt or two and shoes in work is absolutely the best option.

However...
    If you find that you have to visit a client, different office or whatever think about getting an Aerostick Roadcrafter one piece suit.

It's expensive but you can wear a suit under it and look presentable on arrival.

Also, it's a great conversation piece when people see you putting it on or off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭AD!

Rosahane wrote: »
    Leaving a couple of suits, a spare shirt or two and shoes in work is absolutely the best option.

However...
    If you find that you have to visit a client, different office or whatever think about getting an Aerostick Roadcrafter one piece suit.

It's expensive but you can wear a suit under it and look presentable on arrival.

Also, it's a great conversation piece when people see you putting it on or off :)

They look well alright but they are fairly pricey!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Rosahane

AD! wrote: »
    They look well alright but they are fairly pricey!!

They last a lifetime.
    They often have offers on their site - one there now if you are about 5 foot 10 and 8 stone :cool:
    http://www.aerostich.com/sale/roadcrafter-classic/roadcrafter-one-piece-suit

There are other, similar options. BMW do a version - there was one on display in Joe Duffys. I never examined it so can't comment on the quality.
    I got a different one about 10 years ago before I got the Roadcrafter - a Spada or something, I can't actually remember the make but it was crap and I sent it back. Loose and baggy with light material. The Roadcrafter is heavy cordura.
    It helps if you have anyone in the US that could take delivery and send it on to you. The shipping and duty would be expensive.

You can often get the Roadcrafter secondhand on Advrider or Ukgser - good deals to be had as they appear to shrink over time, not that riders get fatter obviously :o

Advertisement