Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8.1 consistently disconnecting USB devices

• 26-11-2014 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

Does anyone else with Windows 8.1 have this issue where some devices, in my case mostly Android phones and tablets, refuse to stay connected?

My Galaxy S4 disconnects and reconnects extremely rapidly, like every second! There USB connect/unplug sound is just played repeatedly! Sometimes it may last 20 to 30 seconds but when I got to interact with the phone in any way it starts the rapid disconnecting/reconnecting again.

I've been Google the issue for a few weeks and have found no solution, except that W8 works better with short USB leads! So I got an 8 inch micro USB lead which does the same thing only not as frequently, maybe once every 5 minutes which at least makes my USB devices usable.

I've tried disabling the power management, re-installing drivers (with and without Kies), different leads, Operating Systems (even forwarding the USB connection to an OS in VMWare works which means it's 100% a Windows 8.1 software issue!)

Anyone else have any similar issues? It seems fine with hard drives, peripherals, USB keys etc. It just doesn't seem to like Android devices.

Comments

Advertisement