Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banning

Options
  • 26-11-2014 12:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

I wasn't going to do this but thought I should in the end. I got an infraction and a ban that I want to dispute. The infraction was for claiming that rich people wouldn't have interest in the social issues another poster brought up. The ban was for telling another poster I didn't have a nissan micra after he asked me did I own one. The first mod didn't respond to my private message and the second mod claimed I was trolling. I have my views which may not match everyone's but this does not mean I'm trolling.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'll cut straight to the chase here.

In the past three days your behaviour in AH has not been acceptable. You were being a dick & trolling. You received two warnings & an infraction which should have given you a heads-up that this was not acceptable, yet you persisted in the same dickish carry-on. Hence the ban. Take note that if you continue posting in the same manner when your ban is up that your posting privileges may be removed for longer periods.

Ban upheld. You may appeal to an admin if you wish.

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

I wasn't being a dick or trolling. I was stating my view on the topic of the threads I posted in. What's wrong with that? I know my opinions will be unpopular amongst many here as they're not the people who I'm defending. Are people only allowed to post on this website if they agree with the majority? Do you get banned if mods disagree with you? You should write in the rules that you shouldn't bother signing up to this website unless you agree with denigrating the poor.

After 2 warnings & an infraction surely you should have realised that your behaviour was not acceptable in the forum. Whether you like it or not, you were causing unnecessary upset in the forum by continuing to post in the same dickish manner. If you have a point you wish to get across I suggest that you adopt a posting style more suitable for constructive discussion, rather than rubbing other posters up the wrong way.

The bans stands. Please indicate if you wish to appeal to an Admin.

tHB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

After 2 warnings & an infraction surely you should have realised that your behaviour was not acceptable in the forum. Whether you like it or not, you were causing unnecessary upset in the forum by continuing to post in the same dickish manner. If you have a point you wish to get across I suggest that you adopt a posting style more suitable for constructive discussion, rather than rubbing other posters up the wrong way.

The bans stands. Please indicate if you wish to appeal to an Admin.

tHB

Can you point out the posts where I was being a dick? The posts a received an infraction and a ban for were not dickish in the slightest. I have a point of view, it's not liked here, that's why I've been banned.

Put me onto the admin.

The posts are linked in the warning & infraction notices that you will have received via PM. The moderator may also have entered further details as to why these were given.

I will request an Admin to review your appeal & my decision to uphold the ban.

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Don Kedick wrote: »
    I wasn't being a dick or trolling.
    Yes you were, and backseat modding. You were warned twice and infracted once, this should have been ample warning to warn you about your behaviour, but you didn't heed the warnings.
    Don Kedick wrote: »
    Can you point out the posts where I was being a dick?
    The posts that you were warned and infracted for are:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93160759
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93177041
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93156129

Now as I believe I've responded to your counter-argument, apart from pointing out that you weren't warned because of your point of view, and that I agree with The Hill Billy; your ban is justified and not going to be overturned.

Please mind how you post in future or your ban will be longer, and/or site privileges may be altered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement