Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schools that allow external students do oral

• 26-11-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭

Anybody know of schools in Dublin that allow external students do the April oral exam?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

The best option is probably to go in to the principal and discuss it. An external student wouldn't be any great burden to the school, all they would have to do is organize a time to do their oral and that's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Anybody know of schools in Dublin that allow external students do the April oral exam?

Thanks,

You really need to contact the schools yourself and see if they are happy to accept you. It's not a free for all process.

thelad95 wrote: »
    The best option is probably to go in to the principal and discuss it. An external student wouldn't be any great burden to the school, all they would have to do is organize a time to do their oral and that's it.

It depends on the school. While it may not be a burden to have one extra student, there are a number of students out there who go grade shopping: i.e. are attending one school/ grind school and choose a different school to sit their oral to try and make their effort look better, i.e. picking a school where a high level numbers of students are doing ordinary level. Some schools don't like being used in this manner. It shouldn't be assumed that all schools are welcome to external students who don't attend the school but want to use the school for their own benefit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

It depends on the school. While it may not be a burden to have one extra student, there are a number of students out there who go grade shopping: i.e. are attending one school/ grind school and choose a different school to sit their oral to try and make their effort look better, i.e. picking a school where a high level numbers of students are doing ordinary level. Some schools don't like being used in this manner. It shouldn't be assumed that all schools are welcome to external students who don't attend the school but want to use the school for their own benefit.

That's a pretty scummy thing to do to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

thelad95 wrote: »
    That's a pretty scummy thing to do to be honest.

But unfortunately, not a rarity. It's not unheard of for a student to pick three or four different schools for their different orals/practicals to try and optimise their chances of getting a better grade.

Advertisement