Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Companies that pay maternity benefit

Options
  • 26-11-2014 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I work in the IT industry. The company I work for currently does not pay maternity benefit... (though might be introducing it in the new year.)

Just wondering what companies in Galway do pay? Is there a minimum amount of time you must work there to qualify?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Companies don't pay maternity benefit. The government pays that - if you qualify based on your PRSI stamps from the relevant year, and if you were working at the time you went out on maternity leave.

Some companies pay maternity pay (ie some proportion of your usual salary less the amount of benefit you get).

I know that HP used to for their direct employees (not sure if they still do), but not for agency or contract workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elephant85

Some companies pay maternity pay (ie some proportion of your usual salary less the amount of benefit you get).

Apologies.. Maternity pay was what I meant.

Thanks for your response

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

I'd imagine most of the multinationals pay it.

tmh

Advertisement