Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First time taxing a car

• 26-11-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Hi.

I just taxed my first ever car and I have a question. I taxed the car on Monday evening 24th November and I paid for 12 months. I just got the tax disc and it's saying the expiry date is Oct 31st 2015. What happened to the other 24 days. Should I be querying this to see why I'm taxed for just a few days over 11 months?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Tax disc is for month to month. you taxed it for november so the expiry date of 31 oct is correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

AFAIK - yes you just lost the guts of one month!

You should have left it until 1/12/2014...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    AFAIK - yes you just lost the guts of one month!

You should have left it until 1/12/2014...

FFS!! Another scam in this rip off country. I mean how hard is it for them to set the renewal date as 12 months from the registration.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Most people will know this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was this a brand new or used car?

Motor tax starts from the beginning of the month you tax it, always has been that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

corktina wrote: »
    Most people will know this.

Yeah most people will know this, but first timers like myself are likely not to. I'm sure they make an extra bit of income from catching people out like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

when did you actually buy it?

Advertisement