Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown 28-11-14 *Spoilers*

• 26-11-2014 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

Here are the Smackdown results for this Friday
    The Miz welcomed The Big Show to Miz TV to kick off the show. Guest general manager Daniel Bryan interrupted and announced that both Luke Harper and Rusev would be in action.
    United States champion Rusev won a Battle Royal. The match was the result of his refusal to recite the Pledge of Allegiance.
    Nikki Bella defeated Emma. AJ Lee attacked both Bella Twins after what was said to be an outstanding promo from Nikki.
    Ryback defeated Seth Rollins via disqualification when Kane attacked the Big Guy with a steel chair.
    Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods defeated Heath Slater, Titus O'Neil and Curtis Axel.
    Bray Wyatt cut a promo on Dean Ambrose backstage.
    Daniel Bryan announced Ryback vs. Kane in a Chairs match for TLC.
    Dolph Ziggler defeated intercontinental champion Luke Harper by count-out. He celebrated to close the show.
    Actually doesn't sound like a bad show. But urgh a chairs match.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I think at this stage they're really just trolling with the crappy finishes. They're surely aware of it at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That's New Day:

B3VaGnDIUAAWFLN.jpg

They are just a happy group of babyfaces. Slapping hands and friendly messing with announcers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

rovert wrote: »
    That's New Day:

B3VaGnDIUAAWFLN.jpg

They are just a happy group of babyfaces. Slapping hands and friendly messing with announcers.
    They won't keep them like that surely. Think Goldust + Stardust kinda thing, not that it really worked for them.

CSF wrote: »
    They won't keep them like that surely. Think Goldust + Stardust kinda thing, not that it really worked for them.

I liked Men On A Mission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Big E paying tribute to Faarooq's man in blue gimmick.

8nKwef.jpg

• Advertisement

An outstanding promo from Nikki Bella!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

That's New Day:

crowds will dump on that so fast.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That's New Day:

WOW that had heel group tired of being overlooked written all over it. Can't believe the WWE messed up so badly on that already!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That's New Day:

B3VaGnDIUAAWFLN.jpg

Is their theme music going to be Pharrell's Happy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why not add R Truth to get Truth, Consequences and a new Day?

Think Slater's elimination from the Battle Royal wasn't planned. Looked like he lost his footing. And looks like I was right about my fear of what Sandow would do in the Royal Rumble if Miz is eliminated.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

New Day are more 3 Count than Nation of Domination.

Actually this is probably a good comparison

21_Dancing_Superstars.jpg

DM_7 wrote: »
    Actually this is probably a good comparison

Sorry but don't see it mate:
    WhirlwindUnfinishedEider.gif

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I think that the whole thing is still in development for the three guys, they seemed pretty uncertain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Loved Mizdow's self elimination in the battle royale. Great to see him get a chance to shine lately, he has always given 100% even when they've given him absolute muck

Hopefully creative dont ruin him now they know how over he is.

Do you think that he has "what it takes" to come out of this thing and be in a better position than he was going in? I'd love to see him turn babyface and go after Harper or someone.

The Damian Sandow gimmick was very good upon debut and was doing well for a long time, then like Cesaro recently they stripped him of the things the fans were enjoying. He was already over as a credible wrestler. Now he looks like a joke act.

Sure when he decides to go on his own again fans will be delighted, but it never needed to go there, they already had him in a good place and ruined it.

Its the cycle that repeats itself all the time with likes of Ziggler who at one point was challenging Punk for the WWE title, in a feud with Cena, a WHC then eventually ends up at square one and fed to some random heel and made look ****.

Cody ending up as star dust, about to feud with New Day is shocking considering where the brothers rhodes were when they beat the Shield or when him and Sandow were feuding after MITB.

The brief feud between Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow didn't really do anything for either of them at the time though, I felt. They didn't let it develop as much as it should have. They suddenly just inserted Cody into this segment backstage and he got on the wrong side of Hunter. There's always hope, though. They had no room for Daniel Bryan for 12 months because Dwayne Johnson was coming back, so they put him into a tag team with Kane. Yet if someone is really that good, they can often just keep themselves over with the crowd like this.

Actually thats a great point about Bryan, about how you can keep people involved in a way that helps them grow. The Shield played a massive part in that not been a failure though.

I am not sure it applies to Sandow who was way down the imaginary ladder. Bryan was a former WHC, who had also been taking on Punk for the WWE title and pushing towards the top level.

I agree about how relevant/important the Sandow v Cody feud was, but it should have meant a lot more than it eventually did.

Oh for sure, me too. I thought that that feud was them essentially "pulling the trigger" on Cody Rhodes. I thought that, despite the fact Damien Sandow won the Money In The Bank, he was the one who really won it. At least that is what I thought it was meant to look like, as in he'd benefit more from the babyface sympathy. Was Bryan meant to grow in Team Hell No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Loughc wrote: »
    WOW that had heel group tired of being overlooked written all over it. Can't believe the WWE messed up so badly on that already!!

The way I looked at it was a rocky style turn, "yay we are so happy clap clap everybody dance" then eventually fans are going to start booing as it's rubbish that leads to a "You booing us cause of who we are? We have gave you entertainment and you still cheered for the other guys, well me and MY PEOPLE have had enough, lets see what happens your people now" then random attacks on white babyface upper midcards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Have to say, its very promising and incredible how massively over New Day were when they made their debut.

Listen to those pops. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Have to say, its very promising and incredible how massively over New Day were when they made their debut.

Listen to those pops. :eek:

Pretty sure those same cheers were in Smackdown 2: Know Your Role.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, wait till we see them in front of a live crowd and not the canned audience of Smackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, wait till we see them in front of a live crowd and not the canned audience of Smackdown.

Oh yeah I know it was fake, but I just wished they would be a little subtle about it really, its sooooooooo bad with the New Day fellas. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I thought last week's promo on Raw said they were debuting on tomorrow's Raw

I think it says a lot about how seriously WWE are taking them that they debuted on T.V on SmackDown.

I think it says a lot about how seriously WWE are taking them that they debuted on T.V on SmackDown.

It was Black Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

DM_7 wrote: »
    It was Black Friday!

*Headdesk*

I can see Vince sitting in his office cracking up at his own genius.

Advertisement