Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong 'default' name servers listed on one of my domains

Options
  • 26-11-2014 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I am posting this here because after days of trying to work with your customer service group via email it would appear no one there has the ability to solve a very simple issue for me.

Recently I moved a domain to your company from another registrar.  Right now am I beginning to regret this decision immensely.

Here is the problem - 

When you go under the domain settings many options are grayed out, this is because it tells me I am using 'non-default' name servers.  If I want to make changes to a list of options I must use the 'default' name servers.

The problem is, when I click the button to use the 'default' name servers, even though this domain is registered with your company, it switches the nameservers back to the previous registrar and the entire DNS stops working (obviously).  So I have had to manually switch the name servers to point to ns1.blacknight.com

So, I want for you to fix this so the 'default' name servers are setup for your DNS hosts as I cannot change anything until this is done.  Please see the image below.

blacknight1.jpg

See I have had to MANUALLY type in those name servers as if I click the option to 'set default name servers' it sets them to ns1.reg365.com which was my PREVIOUS registrar and of course, the site goes offline.  So, again, after a half dozen emails no one there has been able to do this and keep giving me tips on things completely unrelated to what I am asking, even with the attached graphic they were telling me I need to transfer the domain, which was done in September, I just want ye to fix the default nameserver settings.

Why is your default nameserver settings for a domain I registered with you set for another company?  I have no clue, but I do know this is a problem on YOUR END and I cannot modify my domain settings until ye fix this issue.  

So again, for the fourth time here will you PLEASE set my default name servers to the ones YOU USE with your domains and NOT the ones from the previous registrar?

Thanks.

Comments

Hi CptSternn, apologies for the delay in getting this resolved, I have replied to your ticket and the issue should now be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Hi CptSternn, apologies for the delay in getting this resolved, I have replied to your ticket and the issue should now be resolved.
    Hi Alan.

Thanks for the reply but no, again, this has sweet FA to do with updating my contact information.  In response to the first person who tried telling me about ow to change nameserver I explained that was not my intention, that options were grayed out like the contact information button, which is when the second person who took the case then tried to explain to me the registration process and how to update contact information via post.

Again, none of that has anything to do with my request.  PLEASE look at the image above.  I don't know how to say this any more clearly -

THE DEFAULT NAMESERVERS ARE POINTING TO THE OLD REGISTRAR

I AM LIMITED IN WHAT I CAN DO WITH THE DOMAIN IF I DO NOT USE DEFAULT NAMESERVERS.  YOUR SYSTEM IS DESIGNED THIS WAY.

THEREFORE I NEED YOU TO FIX THE DEFAULT NAMESERVERS AND POINT THEM TO YOUR OWN INTERNAL NAME SERVERS AND THEY SHOULD NOT BY DEFAULT POINT TO REGISTER365.

Am I getting through?  Is this clear?  I mean, I seriously don't know how to explain it any more simpler than I have tried here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Hi Alan.

Looks like you got it.  Thanks!

Goo luck!

Advertisement