Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Books and Experiments

Options
  • 26-11-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So my daughter (4) has started asking those unanswerable questions that you never seem to ask yourself. Such as just yesterday asking why mole hills do not collapse back down if there is a hole just under them.

She also expressed some interest in hearing mention of someone who made a light bulb light up using an apple for an energy source.

Now I consider myself relatively highly scientifically literature, but lacking somewhat in imagination when it comes to thinking up experiments, like the apple thing, to do with her.

Has anyone come across books or blogs they might recommend to those parents of us who want to start doing such things. Ideas for not just experiments but, where possible, ones that involve as many simple house hold things as possible. (I feel that generates more surprise and interest and awe in the children and makes it more accessible than complex chemistry sets or electrical boards).

Comments

Advertisement