Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an expert opinion on why people are not posting to my page

Options
  • 26-11-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My page is at facebook.com/askacomputerquestion - I have got about 225 followers since the start of last week when I set it up.

I assume that my target market is everyone in my country (Ireland) - seeing as everyone is using computers to access facebook. Is this correct to assume and advertise using ppc at such a large market? The reason I am targeting my country specifically is because I hope I can convert some people to paying customers via remote support.

I am very sure that everyone must have some issue (seeing as computers can be such a pain) with their computers but nobody is asking anything? I put a post up yesterday looking for feedback on what content people would be interested in but I got just one reply and that is from a friend who has an interest in computers - not a joe soap. I am targeting these joe soaps seeing as they are the majority. Alot of what I am saying above is not backed by facts though.

I think I've spent about 60 or 70 euro on advertising so far. I find that people tend to leave their computers until they are nearly impossible to use before taking it to somebody. I need to tap into that part of peopls psyche I suppose - how can I figure out more information about my fans/likers through statistics etc.?

Thanks a million in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

euser1984 wrote: »
    Hi,
    My page is at facebook.com/askacomputerquestion - I have got about 225 followers since the start of last week when I set it up.

I assume that my target market is everyone in my country (Ireland) - seeing as everyone is using computers to access facebook. Is this correct to assume and advertise using ppc at such a large market? The reason I am targeting my country specifically is because I hope I can convert some people to paying customers via remote support.

I am very sure that everyone must have some issue (seeing as computers can be such a pain) with their computers but nobody is asking anything? I put a post up yesterday looking for feedback on what content people would be interested in but I got just one reply and that is from a friend who has an interest in computers - not a joe soap. I am targeting these joe soaps seeing as they are the majority. Alot of what I am saying above is not backed by facts though.

I think I've spent about 60 or 70 euro on advertising so far. I find that people tend to leave their computers until they are nearly impossible to use before taking it to somebody. I need to tap into that part of peopls psyche I suppose - how can I figure out more information about my fans/likers through statistics etc.?

Thanks a million in advance!

I see trust as being the big issue.

You've essentially got two main types of computer owners;
    those who know enough to recognise they have a problem and go, find a fix and be done.
    Those who know there is a problem but have no idea, know there are plenty of scam calls being made and people being caught.. So - how are they going to know you're not just a reincarnation of the Microsoft phonecall on Facebook !! Seriously, even the lack of a photo, business website, or anything is going to put people off.. so they'll happily stick their head in the sand till their computer stops and bring it to a bricks N mortar store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

_Brian wrote: »
    I see trust as being the big issue.

You've essentially got two main types of computer owners;
    those who know enough to recognise they have a problem and go, find a fix and be done.
    Those who know there is a problem but have no idea, know there are plenty of scam calls being made and people being caught.. So - how are they going to know you're not just a reincarnation of the Microsoft phonecall on Facebook !! Seriously, even the lack of a photo, business website, or anything is going to put people off.. so they'll happily stick their head in the sand till their computer stops and bring it to a bricks N mortar store.

I am working on the website etc. but the page (as far as people know) is just somewhere that they can ask any question....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

euser1984 wrote: »
    I am working on the website etc. but the page (as far as people know) is just somewhere that they can ask any question....

I think it will help build a "bigger picture" to the idea.
    If this was a service being offered by an established company I could see it being utilised.. But appearing out of the blue as you have, people will be weary and indeed expect "the hard sell" or "a big scam" if they did interact with you.

Advertisement