Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opening a bank account, no proof of address. help?

Options
  • 26-11-2014 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi all, i got a job offer the other day to work in dunnes over christmas. i went to open my first bank account today for them to pay my wages into and brought some papers i thought might do for proof of my address but apparently none of them were acceptable. i still live at home so all the utility bills are addressed to my parents and we turned the house inside out searching for any sort of paper or letter that would be accepted with no luck! i rang the revenue but as this is my first proper job (any job i've had before i've been paid under the counter) my PPS number wasn't recognised and they had no record of me. so i'm really stuck here, i have to open this bank account but i have absolutely no proof of address! any recommendations or advice regarding what i should do would be v appreciated! thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/personal_finance/financial_institutions/financial_institutions_and_identification.html
    Proof of address

You can provide evidence of your address with any of these documents:

•A current utility bill (such as a gas, electricity or telephone or mobile phone bill)
    •A current car or home insurance policy that shows your address
    •A document issued by a government department that shows your address
    •A list of your tax credits
    •A current balancing statement or a C2 certificate from the Revenue Commissioners
    •A social insurance document (that shows your address)
    •A letter from your employer or licensed employment agency stating that you have recently arrived in Ireland and have started work but cannot yet provide evidence of your Irish address (you will have to provide evidence of your address at a later date)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ersepep

as i said i have none of those things, absolutely nothing! i'm looking for any other options, anything else i can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

When I was in your situation not too long ago, I contacted the HSE and they sent me a letter with my name and address on it conforming my pss number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ersepep

thanks very much, i'll try that anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

If you are still at home and trust your parents, could you not have the wages put into their account.

Not ideal but i did that when i was younger until i got my own account set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Do you have a credit union or post office account? Get then to send you a statement

• Registered Users Posts: 26,392 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Request a list of your tax credits from Revenue.

Or would that go to your old address?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,941 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You need a letter from your parents, confirming that you live there - along with a copy of a bill in the name of the parent who lives there.

The letter should say something like

Today's date

Your current addresss

To whom it may concern:

This is to confirm that our son, ersepep Bloggs, lives with us in hour family home at

123 The Street
    The Estate
    The Suburb
    Wherever.

Please contact me on 088 123 4567 if you have any queries about this matter.

Yours faithfully
    ersepep's Dad's Name (or Mum's name if that's what's on the utility bill)
    Also, if they are getting child-benefit for you still - or even if they simply were - then they may have some documents related to this which show your PPS number on them.

(Your parents are likely to have had to confirm your PPS number recently when they registered for Irish Water .. in theory at least they should have your number at hand!)

Advertisement