Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poddle River route map?

Options
  • 26-11-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find an accurate route map for the poddle river. After extensive searhes, including some helpful threads on boards, I've found a few conflicting maps that show the river's current underground route. Does anybody know where I could get an accurate/official map of the current underground route?
    I'm mainly concerned with the Harold's Cross area.

The two routes I've found are

This

and This

Does anyone know which version is correct? Or where I can go the view the official maps, if they exist.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

As far as I know the Poddle was rerouted several times over the years so both could be the right routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The Poddle has recently appeared in reasonable detail on Openstreetmap. Or is that what you're trying to edit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The Irish Times has a nice article about the River Poddle today, as a Dub, I never knew that this existed :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you ever need exact maps. older OSi maps are immensely useful, especially if they are from before when an area is built-up.

http://map.geohive.ie/ - click on 'Base Information and Mapping' and select a map.

Advertisement