Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active line dead ?

Options
  • 26-11-2014 4:26pm

Hi there, signed up to Eircom home phone and Broadband yesterday online.

Received a text today from Eircom with my new telephone number saying it was now Active.

Tried to use my phone but just getting silence, no ring tone nothing.

The house i purchased had a previous Eircom connection but i dont know the account details or number.

There is also no house name or number so i am unsure how Eircom have made the connection!

Is it a case my line should be ready to make and receive calls now or should i wait 24 hours?

Incidently the number given to me from Eircom rings on my mobile but nothing comes through on the house phone. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi there, signed up to Eircom home phone and Broadband yesterday online.

Received a text today from Eircom with my new telephone number saying it was now Active.

Tried to use my phone but just getting silence, no ring tone nothing.

The house i purchased had a previous Eircom connection but i dont know the account details or number.

There is also no house name or number so i am unsure how Eircom have made the connection!

Is it a case my line should be ready to make and receive calls now or should i wait 24 hours?

Incidently the number given to me from Eircom rings on my mobile but nothing comes through on the house phone. 
    Hi irishfreeview

Please PM me a contact number for you and I will explore this with you further.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement