Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flea issue

• 26-11-2014 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi can anyone recommend a good pest control company for a flea problem in the southeast, I recently got kittens and they came with these fleas!!! I'm stressed out over it they are in all rooms in my home, I'm even getting bitten.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,665 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Get the cats injected with anti-flea and worms medication, then treat them regularly with the drops you put on the skin.

Wash all bedding or other washable fabrics that the kittens have access to in a hot wash

Get some good quality flea spray from the vet - the stuff from the supermarket is no use - its expensive but it will work. Follow the instructions, you usually need to spray at least twice.

Keep the kittens confined to a manageable area until you have done all the above. You need to be doing all the above more or less at the same time. You have to break the life cycle of the fleas.Treating the kittens removes a vital stage of the cycle and is the main thing. Eggs in carpets and furnishings will still hatch after you have sprayed, but generally the fleas will be weaker and/or sterile. You need to spray them too though, which is why you have to do it a couple of times. Vacuum clean the carpet frequently.

Good luck, its a tedious job! If you keep the kittens treated though you should not have another infestation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mjbob

Thank you for your help, I've done as you said and got good spray from vets, he had the same advice you gave me..I'll let you know how it goes.

Advertisement