Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14" or 13" CRT Monitor for arcade cab

Options
  • 26-11-2014 6:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, looking for the above for my space invaders cocktail table. managed to get a 15" brand new crt but its too big to fit in even when de-cased..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

What happened to the ones you got from me? Did they not suit?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

To be honest, the burn in them was annoying me haha, i plugged in the 15 inch crt earlier with a slg scanline thing, and its perfect! just need to get a crt monitor to fit in the cocktail now and ill be happy. unfortunately finding a crt14" or smaller seems pretty hard these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Would you not de-case a cheap TV like this €7 jobbie? I know it could be quite difficult to wire if there is no scart(RGB) though.

I went down the road of tvs before and found it too much hassle to be honest, finding a tv that switches on at power etc and even then i was using an arcadevga and it was a pain in the arse.

Ive a 60in1 with all games disabled except space invaders, a slg 3000 for scan lines. the 60in1 has a vga connection on it so its dead handy just sticking in a crt monitor if i can find one.

The picture on the one i have with the scanline generator is perfect! the feckin thing just wouldnt fit in the cocktail table, it was too big in fairness, its about a 15", if i can find a 13" it will work great, a 14" MIGHT fit in im not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

keithgeo wrote: »
    Hey, looking for the above for my space invaders cocktail table. managed to get a 15" brand new crt but its too big to fit in even when de-cased..

I'll keep an eye out for one.

• Advertisement

I'll keep an eye out for one.

Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

Confused, are you after a VGA CRT or an LCD?

Have it working with a LCD via vga.

bought a 15" CRT monitor and plugged that in, great picture, much better than the lcd, BUT doesnt fit in the cocktail table when decased.

So need a 14" or smaller crt with a vga connection so i can fit it in the cocktail.

Im after a 14" or smaller CRT. i have a few lcds but dont think they look as good in cabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭giggsy07

Have it working with a LCD via vga.

bought a 15" CRT monitor and plugged that in, great picture, much better than the lcd, BUT doesnt fit in the cocktail table when decased.

So need a 14" or smaller crt with a vga connection so i can fit it in the cocktail.

Im after a 14" or smaller CRT. i have a few lcds but dont think they look as good in cabs.
    I just got rid of 1 last week.Seen a pc on fundeal with a 14 crt included @€;30..Guy was in dublin also
    Don't kill the cab with an lcd:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Try swapping the tube from a 14" TV into the working 14" arcade monitor you have. It can be done.

Might be picking up a 14" on saturday to try, couldnt live with an lcd in it long term after seen the picture on a crt with the slg3000

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

17" one for free on free cycle cork if of use to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Might be picking up a 14" on saturday to try, couldnt live with an lcd in it long term after seen the picture on a crt with the slg3000

Why would you use a slg with a CRT ?

Why would you use a slg with a CRT ?

I came to ask this!

haha i dunno.. picture seemed more arcadey like when i turned it on. was real smooth before hand.. maybe i dont need it, i only had it plugged in for a minute to make sure it was working before i attempted to put it in the cab. is a crt monitor the same as having an arcade monitor in it?

well the scanlines will be much finer on a SVGA monitor, as its running 31khz, higher resolution, no?

it didnt seem to have any scanlines until i switched on the slg. im not up on my different monitors and that so i dont really have a clue, it was a million times better than the lcd though, i know that much!

Got another 14" monitor today, when i plugged it into my 60in1 i blew something though i think, might have been the cheap external HD power supply i have powering the board. ill take a better look tomorrow, would i have to change dip 3 on the board for a crt monitor?

dip switch 2 off cga-15.75khz
    dip switch 2 on vga-31.5khz

I have it on for the LCD but something went wrong i think when i plugged this 14" in, or else it was a coincidence the power supply stopped powering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Jaysus you have not have any rub of the green with monitors for that cocktail Keith.
    That switch shouldn't blow anything if switched to wrong resolution..I suspect dodgy power supply
    You've had other CRT's blow in that cab haven't ya?

What type is it..I'd say just get a regular Jamma PSU

• Advertisement

ah stop, i cant get this thing going at all one disaster after another haha.. i think the molex power supply i have is gone. i tried the 60in1 in my supergun and it works getting power from jamma.

So i think either..

the molex psu is gone
    or the picture through vga is fecked.

ill test more tomorrow

this monitor im testing is a 14"crt - vga connection straight to the 60in1. i tested the monitor on my laptop and it works. looks like it would fit in perfect to the cocktail too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Heres the dipswitches if you dont have them.

You could also try the test mode.

did some testing this morning, looks like i broke the molex power part on the 60in1 somehow. its not powering via that molex connecting using either a external power supply i have or the power supply out of the pc i use to power my supergun. the 60in1 is powering using jamma or if i power it using the supergun through jamma.

Good news though, it works on the monitor when i plug in the vga and switch dip 2 and power using the supergun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement