Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question re: overnight parking

Options
  • 26-11-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

I know on-street parking and parking in places such as the Dyke Road is free from 6.30pm until 8.30am. But say I want to park my car at 9pm tonight until tomorrow evening, if I pay the €4 day rate in the Dyke Road, does that get me through until 6.30pm tomorrow evening? Or do I have to pay after 8.30am?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

AFAIK it's a day rate, not a 24hr rate. eg. you buy a ticket for the 27th, it's valid until the 27th is up regardless of what time you buy it at. So in your case, you'd have to buy another ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

So technically I could pay anytime after midnight and it'd be okay but before that it'd only be valid until 11.59pm? Might have to swing by in the taxi home so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

The Irish Rail carpark behind the Meyrick hotel in Eyre Square does pay & display parking - 9 Euro for 24 hrs - make sure you have enough coins though. You can also pay by text but you need to register online first to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭wotausername

if u buy a €4 ticket after 6.30pm it will do for the following day in dyke road car park, college road car park etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Any parking ticket that you buy, be for on-street parking or car park, during the no charge period, starts to take effect from the start of the next charging period. This means that you can roll out of a bar at midnight, decide that you can't drive home, pay for parking and get a taxi knowing that your car is ok and won't be towed:D.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement