Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal delivery times from the U.S.A. ?

Options
  • 26-11-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

I requested a cheque from the States in Oct (24th) and the online account said it was dispatched on the 27th Oct and specified a delivery time of 7 to 10 working days for international delivery (by ordinary mail). So after two weeks had passed I phoned them and on the phone they said it could take 3 to 4 weeks depending on the country. So now almost an entire month has passed with no sign of the cheque. Is this normal ? Does anyone else get post from the states regularly and know how long it should take? Trying the rate calculator on anpost.ie estimates a delivery time of only 5 to 7 days from Ireland to New York. The problem is that if it really does take 3 to 4 weeks and I cancel it now the reissued one will hit the Xmas rush and I mightn't see it till next year. Anyone have any advice ?

Thanks,

Usjes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Usjes

I believe it is coming from New York.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Postage should be fairly quick (< 1 week) providing the sender didn't do anything silly like put "UK" on the address. The 3-4 weeks mentioned to you may relate to the length of time it takes for the US & Irish banks to clear the cheque once you've lodged it into an Irish bank account.
    If you need the money sooner it would be quicker and possibly cheaper to do a credit transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I have sent mail while I was in FL and it arrived within 5 days to Dublin. Where as France post takes about 2 weeks to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

sugarman wrote: »
    I have had a few letters sent with standard postage from the west coast.. Some would take a week, others a month or even 2. More often than not tho they've gone missing once arrived here!

Standard for me is about 10 days. You have no way of knowing they go missing here as opposed to in the states.

Advertisement