Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medtronic Galway how to get promoted from general op to higher position?

Options
  • 26-11-2014 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hey I am just making a general inquiry in regard getting promoted while working for medtronic. I am a recent graduate of a 4 year degree and am currently doing a masters part time. I am currently working as an operator for Medtronic through Cregg and being treated like a dog. I am keeping my mouth shut and just doing as am told. They have students showing me the 'ropes' -sometimes its actually me telling the students how to do the job properly. I work alongside a woman who has been there 6 years and does not to a tap, she sits on her phone when I do jobs which were set aside for both of us. Anyhow, I have the qualifications to work as an engineer or scientist or even in the r & d department, I don't mind working as a general op as I am gaining experience, but if I am going to be doing the work of two people by myself I need to know there is something at the end of it. I am wondering how do you get promoted to a position to suit qualifications as where I am currently is very down heartening- just like the job search after completing my degree (I obtained decent grades despite going to college whilst bringing up my 3 children).
    Thanks in advance for any information anyone has on this. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Well posting here is a great start although I'm confused by this recent post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93038897&postcount=167

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 IntotheWest100

Well posting here is a great start although I'm confused by this recent post:

Haha that just was to say I had been employed by Cregg/ Medtronic, but at this point it has no relevance to this thread?! Cregg had lead me to believe the post was higher up than a general operator when they contacted me, they even are paying my slightly higher (not much I must add but a bit more than other operators which started). I am more looking for feedback in regard do they promote people etc. as if not I am not staying there to be treated the way I am being treated-as in doing the work of two people-I am exhausted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How do you get higher up jobs?

Em, apply for some that are currently open? I'm sure there's a HR notice board with stuff like this posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Hey I am just making a general inquiry in regard getting promoted while working for medtronic. I am a recent graduate of a 4 year degree and am currently doing a masters part time. I am currently working as an operator for Medtronic through Cregg and being treated like a dog. I am keeping my mouth shut and just doing as am told. They have students showing me the 'ropes' -sometimes its actually me telling the students how to do the job properly. I work alongside a woman who has been there 6 years and does not to a tap, she sits on her phone when I do jobs which were set aside for both of us. Anyhow, I have the qualifications to work as an engineer or scientist or even in the r & d department, I don't mind working as a general op as I am gaining experience, but if I am going to be doing the work of two people by myself I need to know there is something at the end of it. I am wondering how do you get promoted to a position to suit qualifications as where I am currently is very down heartening- just like the job search after completing my degree (I obtained decent grades despite going to college whilst bringing up my 3 children).
    Thanks in advance for any information anyone has on this. :-)

Hmmmmm...is this serious? It read like it's a p1ss take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 IntotheWest100

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Hmmmmm...is this serious? It read like it's a p1ss take.

I wish it was but no thats my daily working life at the minute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

All jobs are posted on the notice boards throughout all the buildings. They are also on the HR web page.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The OP has opted to close their boards account.

May as well lock this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement