Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NQT working two jobs

• 26-11-2014 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi, I'm looking for some advice from an NQT / someone with information. I have recently graduated from college as a primary school teacher and have started subbing when work becomes available. I have also been working in a hotel which I now want to give up as the hours clash with subbing days. If i quit my hotel job and wish to then sign on for the days I'm not working as a sub will that come against me in relation to making a claim from social welfare?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

I'd imagine yes the waiting period to claim would kick in.
    The only around it is to secure some short term subbing with as near to full hours that you can. Resign from your hotel job with immediate effect and when the subbing work up is up then sign on.
    But subbing can be so sparse would you not be better off to keep on as many days as possible in the hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 swilsa

How long is the waiting period do you know?

There has been a lot of consideration given to the hotel work issue, it's just not working with the subbing hours at the moment! The hotel expect me to be available every morning which obviously doesn't work with subbing in schools and the fact that subbing is mostly last minute doesn't allow me to give them much notice.

Think it's 9 weeks?
    Onthe plus side we are well into the cold/flu season so subbing may pick up? 😃
    Off topic a little but gave you considered correcting the mocks? Handy money

• Registered Users Posts: 14 swilsa

Think it's 9 weeks?
    Onthe plus side we are well into the cold/flu season so subbing may pick up? ðŸ˜႒

weeelll... I wouldn't wish a cold on anyone, but here's hoping everyone takes the time to rest! :)

I hadn't thought of that, but It's a great idea, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Think it's 9 weeks?
    Onthe plus side we are well into the cold/flu season so subbing may pick up? 😃

I don't think they'd give Mock corrections to a Primary teacher. Even a NQT Second level teacher would find it hard to get them without some teaching experience.

• Advertisement

sitstill wrote: »
    I don't think they'd give Mock corrections to a Primary teacher. Even a NQT Second level teacher would find it hard to get them without some teaching experience.

Oops sorry had forgotten that nugget of information from the op
    Of course you are right

Advertisement