Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Warm" GU10 LED Bulbs

Options
  • 26-11-2014 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some "warm" non-dimmable GU10 LED bulbs.

I put some Phillips 5w in the kitchen and they are perfect but looking for something a little warmer for the hallways and other living areas

Budget €5 -€10 per bulb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭greasepalm

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭shrek008

Futureled.ie ,found them very good,their GU10 5w warm white leds are top notch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

a good heat sink will make them last longer

look at kelven 2700 k should be warm then they get brighter 3000k

4000k ,

5000k would be white

ikea might have cheap ones

The "warm" bulb often has a color temperature of 3,000K and casts a more orange/red light on objects. Because you normally associate warmth with red or orange objects, this accounts for the "warm" descriptive name, even though it is a cooler (lower) temperature on the Kelvin scale. A "cool" white bulb commonly has a color temperature of 4,100K and higher on the Kelvin scale. This is in the low range of blue color, similar to ice, therefore earning the "cool" description Color temperature in a room or space can have a dramatic affect on the people that use that lighting to perform tasks. For example, rooms that are used for tasks such as reading can benefit by incorporating lighting on the cooler end of the scale. Many studies have been done on classroom and work settings where reading improves when done under lighting near 5500K (Day White - 5500-6000K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Thanks for the replies.

Braddun, thank for taking the time to write such a comprehensive reply. Is there any particular make/model you would recommend

• Advertisement

Genuine colour temperatures aren't cheap.

http://www.soraastore.co.uk/products/soraa-vivid

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

few more bits on colour temp - see attached file

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

muletide wrote: »
    Braddun, thank for taking the time to write such a comprehensive reply.

Good reply alright, it came from this excellent link.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

greasepalm wrote: »

Eclipse are on par with the rubbish found inside bins. I would not fit eclipse in my own home as they are one of the bottom budget brands in my opinion.

Advertisement