Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sage Barista Express ?

• 26-11-2014 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi just wondering what are your thoughts on the Sage by Heston Blumenthal Barista Express ? I am thinking of getting it for my Dad for Christmas. It's very pricey and I am wondering would I be better off choosing a different coffee maker. I think he would really like the bean to cup. He doesn't like the capsules.

Thanks for any recommendations

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

try delongi for 100 euro

does he like making coffee some people like going to cafes for the company

the machine your looking at is good,i read the grinder is not great

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tubberfinn

Thanks for the reply.

At the moment he grids the beans in a grinder and then just uses a normal coffee machine. I bought him the sage kettle which he loves as it has different temps for tea or coffee etc. that's why I was thinking maybe this one. He only drinks black coffee no milk.

But I realise I know nothing about coffee and am prob only being sucked into the sage marketing!

Will have a look at the delongi.

He has been so good to my family and has really put himself out for us over the past year and I just wanted to spoil him. I have saved up this year for his present and I don't want to blow it on getting something that's not worth the money.

The reviews I have read are very mixed.

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Do you know what the make of his grinder and current coffee machine is? If you can tell us that people will be better placed to advise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

If it's only black coffee he drinks it might be work considering some filter coffee options.

There a a couple of decent filter coffee brewers (link) available and then there are many manual (pour over) options.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭nialljf

Any further thoughts on the Sage, particularly the grinder? Thinking of getting one, but worried that grinder is not up to spec. in comparison to the machine quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Tubberfinn

update: Got the sage for Christmas last year and he was delighted - knocked out !!

In the past year he has really mastered the art of coffee making and now makes my mam delicious lattes daily !!

The machine is in perfect working order and he seems very happy. A lovely gift to spoil someone special .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Tubberfinn wrote: »
    update: Got the sage for Christmas last year and he was delighted - knocked out !!

In the past year he has really mastered the art of coffee making and now makes my mam delicious lattes daily !!

The machine is in perfect working order and he seems very happy. A lovely gift to spoil someone special .

I got a sage about a year ago as well, lively machine pricey, but fantastic quality

Advertisement