Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best irish breakfast in Kilkenny

Options
  • 27-11-2014 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Where is the best place that serves a top notch quality Irish breakfast in Kilkenny?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

my auntys house

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Good question. Best answer gets a visit from me on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Langtons

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Only place I have tried is Marble Bar on High St - was not impressed at all - nearly all reheated stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

langtons out in cillin hill is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Coffee Club on Kieran Street used to be hands down the best before it closed. The Field used to do a brilliant breakfast until the overwhelming smell of piss meant that it ceased to be inhabitable by dining humans.

The best at the moment IMHO, would be Mugshot on James Street (best sausages, best pudding, best bread). Following that, The Fig Tree on High Street which has a great variety of breakfast options and the best vegetarian breakfast in town.

Design Centre breakfast can be excellent on occasion but can be hit and miss, it's also very pricey. Billy Byrnes breakfast is also good when they don't rush it, so again hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

linny wrote: »
    langtons out in cillin hill is great

Sure that I'd have to be good for the farmer's

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Worlds end bar do a good Irish breakfast for a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Yawn.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

You seem to be promoting the World's end a lot, do it again and I will assume you are spamming or shilling which will result in a site ban

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

You seem to be promoting the World's end a lot, do it again and I will assume you are spamming or shilling which will result in a site ban

Your going to ban me based on an assumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

I hear worlds end is good also

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

If all you want is good hangover stoge hit Eddie Rockets for their Biker Breakfast. Savage stuff and loads of it and not too pricey either. havent gone in a while so unsure if they're still offering it.

The orchard house is very good too - always quiet at breakfast time there so freshly cooked for you and cooked fast with proper butchers rashers etc, all for only 7.50 including tea or coffee which is great value. can park at the door as well.

Tea Rooms is pretty good and have a decent selection for those not into the greasy fry but finding a seat at busy times can be a major pain in the hole. Also the door keeps opening (don't know why they don't confine access to the other one) so you'll get the tits frozen off you to boot as you dine.

Mario's over in loughboy do an eddie rocketseque breakfast as well but it's not as good in my opinion

The best at the moment IMHO, would be Mugshot on James Street
    Had no idea they did breakfast, am definitely going to check that out - do they open sunday mornings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

The Rafter Dempsey's do a good breakfast
    & Eddie Rockets

Mugshot don't do Sundays as far as I know.

I haven't been to The Orchard but I've often heard it quoted as being the best breakfast in town. Mario's is a mighty feed too but if you want somewhere that doesn't have kids milling around, it might be worth giving it a miss.

I'm not taking the piss here but I had the breakfast pizza from the Worlds End during the summer and it was one of the best pizzas I've had in a long time. And please be skeptical because I was too, anything with the words 'pizza' 'breakfast' and 'Worlds End' in it shouldn't be make any sense but it was lovely. Apparently the food in there all round is really good, haven't had anything else.

Sky King wrote: »

Had no idea they did breakfast, am definitely going to check that out - do they open sunday mornings?

They do brunch, they try and make a thing of it. They do it well but wouldn't be overly gone on the fry. Outta 10 for the fry. Probably an 6.

Threadhead wrote: »
    Mugshot don't do Sundays as far as I know.

I haven't been to The Orchard but I've often heard it quoted as being the best breakfast in town. Mario's is a mighty feed too but if you want somewhere that doesn't have kids milling around, it might be worth giving it a miss.

I'm not taking the piss here but I had the breakfast pizza from the Worlds End during the summer and it was one of the best pizzas I've had in a long time. And please be skeptical because I was too, anything with the words 'pizza' 'breakfast' and 'Worlds End' in it shouldn't be make any sense but it was lovely. Apparently the food in there all round is really good, haven't had anything else.

Careful now. Moderators won't like your post and they will ban you.

I haven't been to The Orchard but I've often heard it quoted as being the best breakfast in town.

Ok, that is worth a punt. Saturday breakfast sorted for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

If you're in bits of a Saturday morning The Pantry on Kieran St. is a good spot. But possibly best only eaten with a hangover.

Breakfast sandwich in Blaa Blaa Blaa is incredible

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Careful now. Moderators won't like your post and they will ban you.

Either add to the thread in a meaningful way or simply don't post in it,

You're on boards.ie long enough to know not to question a mod's decision on thread, do it again and expect a short break.

If you have a problem with Captain Havoc's warning I suggest you PM him directly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

kikel wrote: »
    Ok, that is worth a punt. Saturday breakfast sorted for me.

Well????/

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Does anyone here know if Billy Byrnes still do that Monster Breakfast or something like that i think its called? Was always dyin with a hangover so the memory is a bit vague. Breakfast was good tho, for what a drunk/hungover opinion is worth.

Sky King wrote: »
    Well????/

Yum yum yum,

Really good breakfast, 9/10. Really great rashers and sausages. The black and white pudding were outstanding. All topped off with a large mug of freshly brewed coffee.

The only negative was the heat of the plate. It was very cold and was zapping the heat from the breakfast very quickly.

kikel wrote: »
    Yum yum yum,

Really good breakfast, 9/10. Really great rashers and sausages. The black and white pudding were outstanding. All topped off with a large mug of freshly brewed coffee.

The only negative was the heat of the plate. It was very cold and was zapping the heat from the breakfast very quickly.

What was the cost of the breakfast if you don't mind me asking? Pictures look good!

What was the cost of the breakfast if you don't mind me asking? Pictures look good!

7.50 including coffee and toast. Good value imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

I usually go to billy byrnes will have to try orchard now looks yum.

anywhere other eddie rockets do a good all day breakfast?

Marble City Bar do an all day breakfast but like most Langton's establishments the quality wavers constantly. When it's good though, it's very good.

I've heard good things about the Algarve Grill across from Eddie Rockets. Seems like a fairly standard greasy spoon but apparently it does a fine breakfast. Anyone tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I had one at Willoughby's cafe on 1 High street. It is pretty good.

RubyGlee wrote: »
    I usually go to billy byrnes

What's time does billy Byrnes open for breakfast at? Might hit there next Saturday as I've never been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Actually dont know what time billy byrnes open at! were usually there between half 9 -10 on a sunday or saturday. would see people finishing up and paying at that time so it must be open for a bit before that. Downfall for billy bynres is no hash browns. we like hash browns

Advertisement