Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best irish breakfast in Kilkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Had a billy Byrnes full Irish last week. Was tempted by the monster breakfast but resisted.

Over all a good breakfast would give it a 7 out of 10.

Dropped marks for sausages. The were good but not outstanding.

Also the coffee was no where near as good as the Orchard.

Who does the earliest breakfast in Kilkenny? I'm wide awake already.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Thought id let ye all know had a very nice all day breakfast today in the Worlds end. We were late out and on the way to Mcdonagh so didnt want to have to head the other end of town. was pleasently surprised! The bacon was nice and thick so were the sausages. . all cooked nice and fresh. 2 downsides though. grilled toast not my favorite but not too bad.
    The other bad point the cappucinno was not nice at all as in really bad dont know if its the machine or the coffee they were using but the food was tasty so il go there again Il just get tea. not bad for 8e.

The cafe is separate from the bar so wasnt too disturbed by people watching the football match and the guy working there was friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

kikel wrote: »
    Had a billy Byrnes full Irish last week. Was tempted by the monster breakfast but resisted.

Over all a good breakfast would give it a 7 out of 10.

Dropped marks for sausages. The were good but not outstanding.

Also the coffee was no where near as good as the Orchard.

Who does the earliest breakfast in Kilkenny? I'm wide awake already.

Kilkenny is a disaster for early breakfasts, or early opening of anything to be honest. Although, since we had a baby girl last year my version of "early rising" has changed significantly!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Although, since we had a baby girl last year my version of "early rising" has changed significantly!!

Ha ditto.

Advertisement