Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irelands first shipping container house

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

plenty of these converted to offices for building sites. Whole estates built out of them in Amsterdam and the UK. No reason why not to do it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Here are some i saw in brighton just before xmas. They are built for homeless people.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭cardinal tetra

Was so incredibly crap.

just unbelievably missed the point of small space living.
    used some of the most expensive materials possible.
    tried to have a proper house in a small space. you ca have one or the other but not both.
    there was nothing inventive about the space.
    there was no duality in the space. I.E. everything only had one function, there was no multiple use of anything. pathetic.
    lastly and most importantly, it was unsustainable. there was absolutely no thought whatsover as to who would be using the space.

just pathetic all round.

now i see they are building prefabs for homeless people that are coming in around 185,000 per person.

someone is fecking creaming in the profits here!!!!!!!!

let that sink in for a minute. you could buy 2 acre plot of land and build 6 houses on it for the price of 250,000 just outside enfield.

i rememember in scrubs, JD wanted a tenor opera singer to rock up behind him and sing MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every time he was doing something stupid. why cant the irish govt. have someone like that. why?????

Advertisement