Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRO business registering

Options
  • 27-11-2014 2:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

What's the process of requesting a business name and getting your RBN1number. I've filled in the online application form on the 10 nov, paid the 20euro fee but still haven't heard from them since the initial email when first signed up.

You see im very eager to get the RBN1 number so I can set my website up and know my name will be official for van signs etc..

I'm wondering how long all this process takes.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Anywhere from 2 weeks to a month is not that unusual with them when they are busy. Im not sure if their website gets updated before the certificates are sent out, maybe do a search on there and see if its gone up on that yet while you wait for the certificate to come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

Axwell wrote: »
    Anywhere from 2 weeks to a month is not that unusual with them when they are busy. Im not sure if their website gets updated before the certificates are sent out, maybe do a search on there and see if its gone up on that yet while you wait for the certificate to come.

I can't log in because I need a number to do it but don't have it. I tried to get login details sent to email but won't let me as I still need the number for that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

duckcfc wrote: »
    I can't log in because I need a number to do it but don't have it. I tried to get login details sent to email but won't let me as I still need the number for that :(

You don't need to log in to do a search you can use here

jimmii wrote: »
    You don't need to log in to do a search you can use here

Nothings coming up.

Can you answer me this, if a company is called Joe blogs ltd, can I call my company Joe blogs. If not, I think I've hit a problem with my company name because there's one called my company name ltd :(

Just seen that company name has been dissolved just when recession hit. Will my company name be awarded to me now there's non similar or this other one is dissolved.

• Advertisement

Did you register a business name or a limited company? There is a difference and you initiallly said business name.

If you registered a business name then it doesnt matter if there are other business names with the same title for the purpose of registering.

If you registered a company (ltd) then its a different category and there should be only one instance of that exact name as a ltd company.

As Axwell says it depend on whether its a business name or LTD if you search a commonly used trading name you will see lots of people do trade under the same name look at this for example!

qpYuhr.jpg

Axwell wrote: »
    Did you register a business name or a limited company? There is a difference and you initiallly said business name.

If you registered a business name then it doesnt matter if there are other business names with the same title for the purpose of registering.

If you registered a company (ltd) then its a different category and there should be only one instance of that exact name as a ltd company.

Business name

As Axwell says it depend on whether its a business name or LTD if you search a commonly used trading name you will see lots of people do trade under the same name look at this for example!

qpYuhr.jpg

I never knew this was legal. I honestly thought it was against the law to do this.

To give you an idea, my business is in construction, more like a handyman but with also building extensions/sun rooms/garages as well. When I did a search of my chosen name, there is only one company named this but it was a ltd company but has since seized trading in 2008. My own is just a business name.

Yeh when its just a business name you have no protection assuming its a term that isn't trademarked. I just used Rua as an example can only imagine how many "corner shop" registrations there are!

• Advertisement

Yeh when its just a business name you have no protection assuming its a term that isn't trademarked. I just used Rua as an example can only imagine how many "corner shop" registrations there are!

No this isn't trade marked. Not that I know off anyway thou wouldn't that have came up in the cro search.

No this isn't trade marked. Not that I know off anyway thou wouldn't that have came up in the cro search.

I was only really using that as an example of when a phrase would be protected its unlikely to be that common a problem.

To remove any doubt you should call them and explain and i'm sure they will let you know the best way to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

What's the process of requesting a business name and getting your RBN1number. I've filled in the online application form on the 10 nov, paid the 20euro fee but still haven't heard from them since the initial email when first signed up.
    You see im very eager to get the RBN1 number so I can set my website up and know my name will be official for van signs etc..
    I'm wondering how long all this process takes.
    Did you remember to physically send the required signature page? The CRO website states that registration normally 3 weeks from receipt of this.

Did you remember to physically send the required signature page? The CRO website states that registration normally 3 weeks from receipt of this.

I haven't received any signature page. Do they send this out in post or PDF. I haven't received either thou

I haven't received any signature page. Do they send this out in post or PDF. I haven't received either thou

Hillbilly is referring to the page you print off and sign with your signature when you originally apply and send it in.

As Axwell says. If you didn't print it off and send it in, then your application will be in limbo until they receive it.

As Axwell says. If you didn't print it off and send it in, then your application will be in limbo until they receive it.

Where do I get this page?

The signature page was generated for you to print off when you made your online submission -

https://www.cro.ie/Help/Using-CORE/Registering-a-Business-Name-Online

Not sure how you'd be able to get back to it as it is specifically generated for each submission...maybe you'll have to call them to get one sent to you? Or check your PDF downloads to see if your computer saved it?!

The signature page was generated for you to print off when you made your online submission -

https://www.cro.ie/Help/Using-CORE/Registering-a-Business-Name-Online

Not sure how you'd be able to get back to it as it is specifically generated for each submission...maybe you'll have to call them to get one sent to you? Or check your PDF downloads to see if your computer saved it?!

I did this on a friends computer. Is it not possible to retrieve it on my own?

Advertisement