Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Plan Wages detail Question

Options
  • 27-11-2014 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of doing my Business Plan.

I am starting off Sole Trader.

Do I put the wages I would pay myself in under Full Time Staff Wages plus add my PRSI as a % of that.?

Where is the definitive details of allowances......% of ESB, Tel your allowed etc so as to accurately factor that in?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

As a sole trader, your annual profit is your salary. Tax and PRSI is calculated from your year-end tax return.

As for ESB etc. every accountant will tell you differently but if you are working from home and it's two bedroom/one reception room/kitchen, you could claim 25% of your ESB.

I claim 100% mobile bill and 100% broadband. 0% insurance. 85% car expenses (depending on work/personal usage). 0% mortgage/rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭EIREHotspur

that's a great response.....perfect...thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Although what Gloomtastic says above is correct, this is supposed to be a business plan that shows the viability of the business to someone eg a bank, social welfare, an invester etc. and not how much tax you should pay.

The main point should be to show that the business earns a return for the business owner and main risk taker and that there is enough profit after that to pay back a loan, etc.

So you should include a reasonable level of salary for yourself as a cost to show that the business is viable. Otherwise your presentation may fail.

dbran

Advertisement