Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Skating

Options
  • 27-11-2014 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭

I've searched boards and there has been no thread since 2012. I've been googling around for reviews of the ice rinks in Dublin and there's not much at all. The only feedback I got at all was Dundrum was overcrowded but I don't know if that's true anymore.

Can we discuss it here? :)

The season is upon us

Swords on Ice
    Dundrum on Ice
    RDS
    Blanchardstown

Maybe there are more, that's all I got so far

Which are the best? Best for kids? Maybe best for a date? ;) Any recommendations or bad experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I've been to the one in the RDS and it was great, not crowded at all, it's all about picking the right time, maybe a midweek evening before the school holidays start.

If you're thinking about it for a date then consider what is near by in terms of restaurants, few nice options in Ballsbridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

The rink in RDS has a separate smaller rink for kids with the skating aids, and a staff member present on ice.
    The adult rink is the largest in Ireland. It was a bit patchy in areas but it was great. Get there for the 1st session in the weekend morning and it's very few people.
    The skates provided are a bit blunt but I bring my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Icefan

Point Village On Ice is still open and will remain so till March.

What we really need is a permanent Olympic size rink in Dublin though!

Advertisement