Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline Thread 27/11/2014 to 10/02/2015

1190191192193194196»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

signostic wrote: »
    Looks like a good outcome, hopefully everything has gone well for her since
    IIRC her "boyfriend" was convicted of raping her and got a suspended sentence. Also IIRC his defence counsel was a certain M Mc Dowell S.C. who offered in mitigation the fact that the little boll1x was a promising hurler!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Was any of this on the promo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

snubbleste wrote: »

I'm still hanging in for the Allen Carr piece!!

Actually there's the man who would probably have been able to sort out eating disorders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

When duz da promo ever have anyee-ting da dooo wit da show?

Promo
    Mary's daughter has an eating disorder, she says no one seems to be able to get through to her. Mary's looking for help. Call 1850 715 815
    Leaving Certificate: The Dept of Ed say they are not giving many waivers (if child is dyslexic etc help can be given). Is this fair?
    Domestic corporal punishment and the impact it has had on people. Call 1850 715 815 or email joe at rte dot ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Wi ar ya talkin funee?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

At this stage Da Liveline promo is a bit like a Labour Election Manifesto......both bear no resemblance to what eventually happens

Flukey wrote: »
    Wi ar ya talkin funee?

I duz be trying' ta choon me ears in to Dubalinese for Da Lahv Lahn as ih duz help me ta understand da peoples - dja no whor I mean? Da fone-etick spellin duz be helping me so to speak.

"It's like learning a new language Joe"

That's how I felt when I first started listening to Da Lahv Lahn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

This wan keeps repeating the same platitudes over and over.... me head is spinning!

• Advertisement

JM Skipton wrote: »
    At this stage Da Liveline promo is a bit like a Labour Election Manifesto......both bear no resemblance to what eventually happens

Big difference: Joe would never go into a coalition with another presenter and certainly not as a junior, well at least not since he was with Gaybo. He always promotes his own agenda, in full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

sudzs wrote: »
    This wan keeps repeating the same platitudes over and over.... me head is spinning!
    All of the callers are offering advice based on THEIR OWN experiences. As far as I can tell (and I've a relative with this condition) every case is different, and what works (or indeed doesn't) will vary according to how they are and how badly they are affected. It's not like setting a broken leg.

While this girl's experience is invaluable to hear (and is no doubt very welcome to the opening caller), I'm not sure she should be giving specific advice.

Feel very sorry for all the parents going through this with their kids, it's a cruel, heartbreaking condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

gutted today.

missed all the fun yesterday coz work was mental and was hoping ol joe would cover 11 gardai turning up to lift a 16yr old kid for slagging off joan burton.

mayhap tomorrow.

:D

Ooooooooooh, a foreign accent. Is this another chance to follow a recent pattern of promoting holiday locations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Best of luck to D'Arcy coming on after this... Might be a good day to have one of his talks about depression..

"Made a difference to those with a difference"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I love this part of the show, where Joe goes through is oul plamás, platitudes and fortune cookie advice.

A depressing show. Joe's favourite kind.

"Made a difference to those with a difference"
    Trademark that slogan immediately!

Trademark that slogan immediately!

I have to admit to being rather proud of my latest creation. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I love this part of the show, where Joe goes through is oul plamás, platitudes and fortune cookie advice.
    One of his best was a few weeks ago. " The blows won't get any lighter but your shoulders will become stronger."

sligojoek wrote: »
    One of his best was a few weeks ago. " The blows won't get any lighter but your shoulders will become stronger."

I think a part of me just died after reading that crap.

Hopefully one of these days Joe will suffer an overdose of schadenfreude and be rushed to hospital.

Hopefully one of these days Joe will suffer an overdose of schadenfreude and be rushed to hospital.

Better chance of him overdosing on coddle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

The radio was on, but I was doing other stuff, having mentally tuned it out. It was like a sea of gloom, despondency and despair, washing over me from the speakers. A sussuration of hopelessness, topped by the odd breaker of guilt and misery, just to add some highlights.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    The radio was on, but I was doing other stuff, having mentally tuned it out. It was like a sea of gloom, despondency and despair, washing over me from the speakers. A sussuration of hopelessness, topped by the odd breaker of guilt and misery, just to add some highlights.

You were obviously listening to a repeat of 'Funny Friday'.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Moving on to new thread.. Back after the break

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement