Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M50 Car Park

• 27-11-2014 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Usually at this time of year traffic on the m50 is bad but has started to ease up a little. This year is different. There are no warnings of crashes just of slow traffic for 24 km. Are there that many people back at work to affect the m50 like this? Its taking me over an hour to get from the start of the m50 north to the N7 exit. I had thought the Newlands Cross construction was backing up traffic a bit but now that the flyover is open the m50 is even worse.I get to my N7 exit and the road is virtually empty. Im only driving a few years but the m50 has never been like this. Delays were usually down to accidents. This is EVERY day. So just what the hell is happening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Simply put: more cars are using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

yup but hadnt realised there were THAT many cars. And all hitting when the schools came back after summer. It is what it is I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

the economy is picking up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Interesting site here.
    https://www.nratrafficdata.ie/c2/gmapbasic.asp?sgid=ZvyVmXU8jBt9PJE$c7UXt6

You can pick a junction and see the amount of traffic flowing past it at different times / dates.
    I've been using the M50 all year. At the start of the year I used to be able to do Swords -> Sandyford in about 40 minutes. This morning it was well over an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Hardly surprising!

Add in the fact that there seems to be at least 2 collisions per morning and also each evening on the M50 slowing things down further..

Along with increased goods vehicle numbers, random lane hopping, lane 3 hogging, speeding, rapidly merging lines of vehicles, tailbacks exiting, vehicles following on too close and/or cutting into small gaps...

And there you have the M50!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Advertisement