Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Mini Me Coffee Machine - €38

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,191 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Finally got around to using this, lovely drinks but very noisy and vibrates a lot, is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

[;93574535]Finally got around to using this, lovely drinks but very noisy and vibrates a lot, is this normal?[/QUOTE]

Yes they are very loud. Sounds like a drill going through a wall ok .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yeah they're a bit loud ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Any french press will be better than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Any french press will be better than this.

Link? can't find "any French press"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_press

Another option if you like fresh coffee is
    http://vimeo.com/16261120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Was given one of these as a gift and quite like it for what it is. I like strong black coffee, and as such the common pods are a little light for my taste, but it's very handy. Put in a pod, and in less than a minute you have a coffee ready to go, much quicker and handier than the kettle water/instant/French press etc.
    Word of warning, pods are available in the likes of Tesco but not much of a selection available, unless you go online.

Was given one of these as a gift and quite like it for what it is. I like strong black coffee, and as such the common pods are a little light for my taste, but it's very handy. Put in a pod, and in less than a minute you have a coffee ready to go, much quicker and handier than the kettle water/instant/French press etc.
    Word of warning, pods are available in the likes of Tesco but not much of a selection available, unless you go online.

Is your very noisy? Will be returning mine as it can't be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 740 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i wouldnt say mine is loud. i have a de longhi espresso machine that is like a 747 taking off. this in comparison is much quieter. the americano coffee if made to full volume is poor but shorten the length by 1 or 2 dashes and its ok. ive tasted other stronger ones and will stock up on these. lungo intenso ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Back at this price again here

Went down great with both the missus and my mother over Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

Ehh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

Just wondering can the pods you buy in Aldi / Lidl be used in this machine looking for one for a gift but dont want to get one where you are limited to their own pods, thanks in anticipation of replies:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

raviravi wrote: »
    Just wondering can the pods you buy in Aldi / Lidl be used in this machine looking for one for a gift but dont want to get one where you are limited to their own pods, thanks in anticipation of replies:)

Limited to DG pods. Aldi / Lidl ones won't work. Although having said that, they're not too expensive, widely available and have a good selection of drinks.

Don't think so, but they are cheap enough when ordered online directly from Nescafe. Very quick courier service too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

Went to buy it and it is back up at £48 I missed the boat on that one!

• Advertisement

Went to buy it and it is back up at £48 I missed the boat on that one!

It's mad how this price of this thing roller coasters. It will be back down so hang tight, it is quite a bargain. €64.99 in Argos at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Still £29 here but an additional £3 postage plus parcel motel fees. Would work out about €45 all in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Try the Aeropress, best €25 you'll spend on any coffee device. Read the reviews, they say it all
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerobie-AeroPress-80R08-Coffee-Maker/dp/B000GXZ2GS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420468423&sr=8-1&keywords=aeropress

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Try the Aeropress, best €25 you'll spend on any coffee device. Read the reviews, they say it all
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aerobie-AeroPress-80R08-Coffee-Maker/dp/B000GXZ2GS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420468423&sr=8-1&keywords=aeropress

Looks like a heap of hassle to me! The great thing about the Gusto machine is how easy and quick they are, no bits and bobs to mess around with, tastes good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Don't think so, but they are cheap enough when ordered online directly from Nescafe. Very quick courier service too.

If you bulk order from here you can get them @ 3.99 a box if you order 10 or 4.20 if you order 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

It's mad how this price of this thing roller coasters. It will be back down so hang tight, it is quite a bargain. €64.99 in Argos at the moment.

Up and down like the Assyrian empire LAst 3 months:

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/NESCAF%C3%89-EDG305-Coffee-Capsule-Machine/product/B00CV97TNO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Looks like a heap of hassle to me! The great thing about the Gusto machine is how easy and quick they are, no bits and bobs to mess around with, tastes good too.

Its horses for courses really. Aeropress is ridiculously easy to use and the method of vacumn pressing produces a really clean coffee, IME its one of the best ways of making coffee if its only long blacks/Americanos you drink. Have a read of this thread and you'll find out why so many use it as their go to device for making regular black coffees
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057025500

Must admit I'm not a big fan of pod system as it locks you into a specific range of coffees, its akin to going into a wine shop with 500 wines in stock but only being allowed to buy 8 or 10 of them. Anyway like I said its horses for courses, different things work for different people, pods are more convenient for many coffee drinkers.

Advertisement