Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Tenant Process, failure to cease line 25 days later + worst customer service I've

Options
  • 27-11-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I'm making this complaint based on :

1. Your (Eircoms) inability to cease the line after 7 days according the "New tenants Process".
    2. My terrible experience with your Customer Service team.

On the 2nd of November 2014 I contacted Eircom and explained I was a new tenant in a house and I wanted to purchase broadband. The rep on the phone said the line was still active form the previous tenant and that in order to cancel that account we would have to fax/email a copy of my tenancy agreement. I agreed before ending the call that I would send the Tenancy Agreement via email, and I did, to <snip-email address>. Ten days passed and having not received any contact back nor a acknowledgement of receiving the tenancy agreement I decided best to give ye call just to make sure everything was okay.
    On the 12th of November, I rang eircom and was put through a rep, I don't recall his name. I told him the story up to then and that i want to purchase broadband. This rep however, told me that the line was still active with another ISP and that I would have to contact them. I rang back again after an hour because I thought that it didn't sound right. I was put through to Jennifer <snip-last name>. Jennifer seemed to know what she was talking about unlike the rep unlike the guy from only an hour ago who works with the same company probably in the same office.
    Anyway, Jennifer asked me (again) to send on the tenancy agreement so i did. In the email I sent to <her> I asked her to confirm that she had received the tenancy agreement and she did. She explained i should have line ceased and that once it was she would contact me then I could order broadband. I was told all this would take 6-10 days. 6 days passed and I had not heard from Jennifer about the line being ceased. So, its the 19th of November, I emailed Jennifer could she update me on the what was going on. I got no reply. Again, on the 24th of November I emailed Jennifer to see if their had been any progress made. I received no reply.
    On the same day, I rang eircom again, I was put through to a lady and I explained the situation politely. I was put on hold while she did something or another and when she returned I was hung up on. A few minutes passed and I rang again. I got through to another rep to whom I had explain the situation again. I notified that I rang a few minutes earlier just in-case his colleague was trying to contact me back. I was told he would contact Jennifer and and ring me back tomorrow. Before the phone call ended I asked to confirm he would ring me back the next day with some bit of what was going on to which he replied in a most insincere and dismissive sounding fashion "Ya, ya, ya, ya I'll ring you back tomorrow". Needless to say, I got no phonecall.

It's now the 27th of November, 26 days after I contacted ye explaining I was a new tenant.

This is the type of professionalism I'd expect from a 20th century Irish pub in the middle of nowhere not a Communications company in 2014. There's clearly some serious problems with eircom and as a quick search on boards.ie and other forums will tell you, I am not the first to experience this incompetency and such a blasé attitude.

Up until now I was going to still stay with eircom because it seemed like an easier option instead of dealing with two companies.

I will also be contacting COMREG for your failure to cease the line within the allowed time.

The above is facts and figures, I have left out my personal feelings. I have all emails and call logs to back this up. I do not want to get anyone in trouble as i believe the management is at fault for not having the right tools and processes in place.

I would appreciate a phone call from you, Eircom.. a communications company, to get the line ceased ASAP and move on.

Pádraig 27/11/14

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hello joeblogggs69

I am very sorry to hear of the disappointing experience and apologise for the inconvenience caused.

If you would like to PM me the address of the account in question and some contact details for yourself I will look in tot his and get bac to as soon as I can.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7 joeblogggs69

Hi Al,

PM sent

Hi Al,

PM sent
    Hi joeblogggs69

I can now confirm that the account at the address in question is now fully closed down and a new order for service will now be able to be placed.

If you would like to place an order for eircom broadband please contact eircom sales on free phone 1800503303.

Many thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7 joeblogggs69

Hi Al,

PM sent
    Hi joebloggs69

I can now confirm that the account at the address in question is now fully closed down and a new order for service will now be able to be placed.

If you would like to place an order for eircom broadband please contact eircom sales on free phone 1800503303.

Many thanks

Al
    Thanks Alan for your swift response and action.

Joeblogggs69 

Hi Al,

PM sent
    Hi joebloggs69

Many thanks

Al
    Thanks Alan for your swift response and action.

Joeblogggs69 
    You're welcome joeblogggs69

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement