Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I mad?

Options
  • 27-11-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Following on from a previous question,

Im thinking of getting a Phantom 2H3-HD model along with a Gopro 4 Black as a present, (Pricy I know, but its a special occasion/Christmas present and I know it will be well used and appreciated. And yes he will be responsible with it outdoors and knows the laws regarding flying it).

As I haven't a clue and Im spending so much money Im looking for any advice on pros/cons of such a model along with the camera. I was initially considering getting the Phantom 2 vision+ but after talking to the guy in the shop he said that for ariel photography this model along with the Gopro would be better. Now he wasn't trying to sell me the Gopro as my other half has one, but after I did checked its actually broken, so I would get him a new one along with the copter.

So as I said before forking out do any of you have some wise words for me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

Check that the gimbal can take the hero 4? I've only got the H3, haven't seen the H4 so unsure if there's a size difference. The Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal (I guess that's the one you're looking at?) is designed for the hero 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭Deenie123

OP, just saw this over on DJI's forums:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3714&extra=page%3D1&lang=en
    DJI Rep wrote:
    The H3-3D is meant for the Hero 3 and 3+. The Hero 4 is 68gm heavier and could damage the gimbal motors. People are using them but it is not recommended.

Advertisement