Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulating a kennel?

• 27-11-2014 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭

I am wondering if anyone has ideas on how to insulate a kennel for a dog who is kept outside? We were thinking about possibly fixing a flap on the front but I would like to do something more. I am worried about the dog eating material
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 WildHPR

I lined my dog kennel with styroform board and then sheeted this with wooden paneling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

WildHPR wrote: »
    I lined my dog kennel with styroform board and then sheeted this with wooden paneling.

Ok great thanks. This kennel is concrete, so I guess I could just build another layer (of styrofoam and wood) on the inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

We put rubber crash mat tiles on the floor for insulation the ones that they use in childrens play areas that made the floor much warmer on top of that we have old carpet cut to shape and the dogs have loads of blankets. The Rubber tiles are quite heavy difficult to dig up as they lock together and our dogs have never bothered chewing on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_houses_flaps/kennels_pitched_roof/spike/129925

I was thinking this might be good, although with a concrete kennel not sure how much inside access we could get :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have that Zooplus insulation in mine. I don't know how good it is because the girls are always in the house, but it's definitely hardwearing. I used to stuff the kennel with hay bedding too for them to snuggle into.

If you have the interior dimensions to put in proper insulation then I'd do that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement