Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Advice on iPod dock please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

MrRight1 wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy an ipod dock for my nephew. He's getting a new iPod for Christmas so I'm going to get him a dock to compliment it. I presume he's going to get a new Ipod so I asume it will have the new smaller connector.

The dock I was going to buy is this one from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001ANIAP8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=39B8H1EZE1SNN&coliid=IZG2BEA1A6FE2

The refurbished one works out about €20 delivered so is perfect price.

I assume I will need to get an adapter for the new generation iPod to work on this???

Will this do the job?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VicTop-Adapter-Converter-speaker-etc-Black-Black/dp/B00JAAC0UY/ref=pd_bxgy_rec-ht_text_y

Thanks in advance

I would be cautious about the adaptor. I purchased a similar one to use with my 5S and original apple 30 pin USB cable but the old 'This accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this device' message popped up and adaptor was useless. It would probably be less hassle to just get a dock with a lightning connector on it. Unless you go for a certified Apple adaptor which is about €20 I think.

You can see from the reviews of the adaptor that some people have had this issue with it.

Advertisement