Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm wont stop going off

Options
  • 27-11-2014 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi, due to a power outage, the alarm went off (normal). But once power was restored, alarm is still going off. Only way to stop it is to trip the breaker to stop power to it. Alarm code is known, but it has no effect. also, trying to figure out what alarm my sister has, see pic. Any help on what to do to stop it?

cheers, Ciaran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

More than likely a battery problem. Get it replaced and it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ciarancummins7

thanks, was thinking that. best place to get one?

stupid new user not able to post pic

h t t p s : / / drive.google.com/file/d/0B9whSlXR88GCaXZpWEJxS0pzRnlZdmVZd0NKalpsOVZ3RnVN/view?usp=sharing

power on, control panel:

h t t p s : //drive.google.com/file/d/0B9whSlXR88GCck5WMHR2TzNwWGs/view?usp=sharing

so it is an astec alarm, and I keep diggin through the boards to find engineer code or similar issue, no joy yet... any thoughts on a force unset with the correct code we have? tried 1174.

• Advertisement

so it is an astec alarm, and I keep diggin through the boards to find engineer code or similar issue, no joy yet... any thoughts on a force unset with the correct code we have? tried 1174.

In swords, closest place to get a battery? thanks all

so power must have been gone a while and battery too, so all factory defaults.

clear + 4711 got inside bell off, then clear + 1174 got bell off. Now warning on screen is Battery, and Call engineer 00.

So, just need to find out best place to get battery near Swords.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any of the suppliers in the sticky or any good electrical wholesalers will stock these batteries.
    I'd say its saying 00 engineer , not call engineer. That just means the panel is in engineer mode .
    You will need to programme up a few things in this panel after you replace the battery. I'll send you the engineer manual. That may help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

Try typing into the pad (6*) three times then type in the customers 4 digit code followed by a (*)

or customers code then reset

Reconnecting the alarm to the mains should normally set off the alarm until the user code is entered to switch it off.

Thanks for all the info. the codes had been defaulted back to factory settings, probably because all batteries are dead at this stage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement