Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coil & Pregnacare

Options
  • 27-11-2014 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Ladies,
    Not sure where to put this but just a quick question.

Myself and my husband are planning to start trying mid next year, I'm planning on taking Pregnacare conception for around 6 months prior to trying.

I've just had a thought, I currently have the copper coil, which I won't be getting out until we plan on trying but wondering if it's ok to take them with the coil in place.

Seems like a bit of a stupid question now that I've typed it out but nevertheless :)

Not looking for medical advise, I will ask my doctor, just curious mostly and wondering if anyone has any experience with it!

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

My understanding is that pregnacare is just vitamins. Why not discuss it with your pharmacist before getting them - they often know more about contraindications than a GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

As Neyite says Pregnacare is just vitamins and folic acid. I can't imagine any set of circumstances where vitamins would be contraindicated with the coil inserted. They are also very expensive. Up to you obviously and just a suggestion but you could just take a regular multivitamin and a folic acid suppliment in the run up and switch to the Pregnacare when pregnancy is confirmed?

Advertisement