Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

IPhone 5 keeps eating memory.

• 27-11-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

So this has only been occurring recently since I upgraded my IOS to 8.1.1. I got a message about a week back after updating informing me I was running low on memory. I thought fair enough with the new update maybe I was running close to capacity so I began deleting some apps and ensure I saved nothing new. That freed up about 1gb of memory.

About 2 days later I hadn't saved anything again and this memory was again gone. I then deleted all my music, my ITube app completely and a bunch of photos and all my messages. I checked it last night before I went to bed and there was 1.8gb of memory free.

I awoke this morning and there was a message on my phone telling me storage was almost full. I had received 2 whatsapp messages during the night and nothing else while my phone was laying there doing nothing.

I deleted all my remanining photos and videos today to clear up another 1gb about two hours ago. Right now there is only 439mb of free memory left when I check the usage. :confused:

Has anyone any idea what's going on? Is there something in my phone that's eating away at my memory like this. There is basicially feck all on my phone now outside some contacts. Anyone got any idea where this memory might be going?

In the length I took to type the above paragraph the memory has dropped even further to 421mb.:mad::(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

settings ->general -> manage storage. should show you whats using what.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Nothing there. Biggest app is facebook at 210mbs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Backup, then reset to factory settings and restore, should fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Have you Handoff set up on any other devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Armonline wrote: »
    Backup, then reset to factory settings and restore, should fix it

This worked. Freed up an entire 11gb of memory.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement