Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toronto temporary worker vacation leave

Options
  • 27-11-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Some questions.

Is he self contracting and the agency acting as the 3rd party? one way to know that is does he pay income tax or just EI?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

He really should make sure he knows what relationship he has, if he is employed by the agency under a fixed term contract then he should have everything relating to his benefits in that contract - he should also make sure he is getting the 4% vacation pay.

If he's self employed well then the agency has very little right to tell him when he can and can't take time off (I believe.. but I could be wrong) I've self contracted once and when I was taking time off I just told the company I was working for and ok'd it with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

You technically only earn vacation days once you have completed a full year - that I believe is the law here!! now most employers allow you to use them as you accrue them but that's for permanent staff. Honestly I think your b/f has no entitlement to holidays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

His contract should be with the agency not the place where he works, as they are the ones who pay his wages. So he should be negotiating with the agency about time off. The agency should be able to send someone else as cover for the days he is off. That's how agency jobs work.

So maybe he should try talking to the agency not where he is working.

Advertisement