Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teaching in abu dhabi with a social care degree??

Options
  • 27-11-2014 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hiya

I have seen alot of people going to countries in the middle east teaching but are not qualified teachers? Most recent I know a girl who has gone to dubai and she is teaching in a classroom but she only has a social care degree. Do the middle east not care as long as you have some sort of a degree.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I know of a tonne of people teaching out there at the moment and none of them have teaching degrees so yes you probably can once you have a degree in general. SABIS is one of the more popular companies employing people https://www.sabiscareers.com/SabisCareers/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 E_slattery

Hi Kerry92,

I'm teaching in Sabis in Abu Dhabi with a Business degree. There the only the international school that allows people to teach without an actual teaching degree. It's difficult without teaching experience. If you need any info check out Abu Dhabi Paddy on Facebook and their website for all the info before you make any decision.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kerry92

E_slattery wrote: »
    Hi Kerry92,

I'm teaching in Sabis in Abu Dhabi with a Business degree. There the only the international school that allows people to teach without an actual teaching degree. It's difficult without teaching experience. If you need any info check out Abu Dhabi Paddy on Facebook and their website for all the info before you make any decision.

Best of luck

Hiya

Thanks for replying :) ya I really want to go. There is just no job opportunities for me here. I was thinking of doing a tefl (teaching English as a foreign language) course. It helps wit classroom plans and teaching practice. Would you think be a good idea?

Advertisement