Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouser suit or skirt suit

• 27-11-2014 4:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭

Which is least threatening?

Comments

Skirt suit. Trouser suit on a woman always comes across as unfeminine (although a gorgeous woman could pull it off of course) or sort sort of power play, especially when worn with a tie :eek: (although maybe some people might be going for that look) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

You feel threatened by suits?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 489 ✭✭Sclosages

I'm going for an interview and don't want to give an impression which is incorrect for me. Basically, I'm a little bit of a ball-breaker and I want to give off the opposite impression.

To put it in context. I resemble Miss Moneypenny in a skirt and the character Emily Prentiss from Criminal Minds in a trouser suit.
    I'm a good combination of both characters, but I just don't want the interviewer to write me off ..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Not being smart, genuinely didn't know where you were heading with this.

Anyway, has to be the skirt. It's the more female attire and therefore less sharp if you like. Depends on the actual garment of course but I'd say that's it generally speaking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Sclosages wrote: »
    I'm going for an interview and don't want to give an impression which is incorrect for me. Basically, I'm a little bit of a ball-breaker and I want to give off the opposite impression.
    To put it in context. I resemble Miss Moneypenny in a skirt and the character Emily Prentiss from Criminal Minds in a trouser suit.
    I'm a good combination of both characters, but I just don't want the interviewer to write me off ..........

right... so why are you asking this, here? :confused:

There's a Fashion & Appearences forum.

I don't want to intimidate the poor little man who shall be interviewing me - is that clearer?
    I don't want him to not know that I'm tough as nails and will nail him to his next failed attempt.
    But..... I need to get the job, so, who do you guys hire? Skirts or trousers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I don't want to intimidate the poor little man who shall be interviewing me - is that clearer?
    I don't want him to not know that I'm tough as nails and will nail him to his next failed attempt.

I'm general, as they wish to get the best return for the money they pay out, they hire the best person for the job.

Go for a kilt though. Kilts convey femininity when worn by a woman, but also that there's a small chance that you're a fifteenth century Scottish Highland warrior that has travelled to the future to apply for the job, and therefore can handle your own in the rough and tumble of the male dominated business world.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Id say skirt. He may or may not be the type to be intimated by a female's attire so I think a skirt would cover both possibilities.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

What a beautiful example of misandry. Don't worry Sclosages, I'm pretty certain your true colours will shine through no matter what you wear...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

I can whip suits ass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Be interesting to see how this would go down in the ladies lounge if the roles were reversed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I have one or two things to interject with here Sclosages

^ This reads, to me at least, as a rather condescending sentence - describing men as 'poor' and 'little' in a forum entitled 'The Gentlemens Club' is never going to get you very far. That said, you don't want to be intimidating is the main point you're trying to make from what I can tell so I'll go ahead and suggest the skirt over trouser suit.

don't want him to not know that I'm tough as nails and will nail him to his next failed attempt.

I don't understand the next failed attempt part of this so perhaps you could clarify for me?

Additionally - let me know if you want this moved to the Fashion and Appearance forum (as has already been mentioned) where your issue may get more exposure - we can leave a link to the thread in our forum to ensure it's seen here where you originally posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Basically, I'm a little bit of a ball-breaker

Sure you are cupcake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Seriously, why is this thread still open? It's akin to the occasionaly face-palm inducing "how to I score ladies on a night out?" or "what clothes on a guy do chicks dig most?" threads that surface in the Ladies Lounge. Such threads are suitably locked in short order.

Not to mention a rather charming attitude towards men by the OP shown later on in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Closing this as it doesn't seem to be swinging up from it's downhill start

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement