Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV cabling new build

Options
  • 27-11-2014 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a tv cabling query regarding my new build.

Does the below seem correct?

I have 3 rooms downstairs requiring tv and 4 upstairs

1 room downstairs will be used as the main feed and sky+ box will be located here…………..How many coaxial tv cables are needed here? Is it 4? 2 for sky+ and 2 spare + 1 cat 5

2 rooms downstairs will just have normal tv………………..How many coaxial tv cables are needed here? 1 cable to each of these rooms + 1 cat 5?

4 rooms upstairs will just have normal tv……………………..How many coaxial tv cables are needed here? 1 cable to each of these rooms + 1 cat5 to each of these rooms?

or alternatively should I run all cabling to a main hub in the hotpress or attic? If I do this how many coaxial tv cables and how many CAT5 cables should I run from each room to the hub area?

If I go main hub option I presume I should run 3 coaxial cables to attic from hub area and a phone cable from the outside phone connection point to the hub area...... Correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

I'd run 4no co ax to any position where you ever might envisage putting the main sky box.

I'd run 2no co ax to all other TV locations.

If you're running them to a comms hub in utility room or similar then I'd also run at least 4no to a suitable position for mounting satellite dish and 1no to a suitable place for terrestriel aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 arkadin

Thank you

Advertisement