Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTD company set up - Help Needed

Options
  • 27-11-2014 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

This is my first post on boards.ie. I've found some of this information on here but it's several years old.

I'm looking to set up my own Ltd company. It would start off small with just 2-3 employees but in a few years I would be aiming to expand to around 10

I have a few questions...

1.Has anyone used these companies that offer to do it all for you? I almost fell for registeracompany.ie which is basically a form filling website. Any recommendations for companies to use and feedback on your experience would be appreciated.

2. Am I better off to do it myself? What would I need to do, register a company, register for vat, open company bank accounts, set up domain & hosting....?

3.The company name I want to use is already being used in Canada. They're in a similar industry but are much much larger than what I will be creating. Can I still register my Ltd company with the same name?

4.Do I need an accountant?

Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭NotaSheep

1. You can use an accountant to form your ltd company.
    2. I would recommend using an accountant to set up a ltd company. Yes you can do it yourself - CRO website explains how - but if you don't really understand the regulations you are better off using a professional. Opening bank accounts, registering for tax is super simple, domain & hosting etc so those are items you can do yourself.
    3. You can use the same name as company in Canada unless they have registered their name as a trademark that also covers Ireland (which I doubt).
    4. As a limited company you will need to file abridged accounts with CRO and submit CT1 for corporation tax. If you do not have knowledge/capability within the company to do that, I would use an accountant (you could still do day to day book-keeping yourself).

Hi,

This is my first post on boards.ie. I've found some of this information on here but it's several years old.

I'm looking to set up my own Ltd company. It would start off small with just 2-3 employees but in a few years I would be aiming to expand to around 10

I have a few questions...

1.Has anyone used these companies that offer to do it all for you? I almost fell for registeracompany.ie which is basically a form filling website. Any recommendations for companies to use and feedback on your experience would be appreciated.

2. Am I better off to do it myself? What would I need to do, register a company, register for vat, open company bank accounts, set up domain & hosting....?

3.The company name I want to use is already being used in Canada. They're in a similar industry but are much much larger than what I will be creating. Can I still register my Ltd company with the same name?

4.Do I need an accountant?

Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Use these guys http://www.kearneycurran.ie Long established company in Dublin that will open the Ltd company for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭EamonOSullivan

Use these guys http://www.kearneycurran.ie Long established company in Dublin that will open the Ltd company for you.
    Second recommendation for Kearney Curran here. I have used them for about 18 years, any problems I have Kearney Curran sort them out for me. You wont go wrong using them.

Advertisement