Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Tripod for CSC Camera

• 27-11-2014 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just bought a Velbon Cube for travel to Asia for a 3-4 week holiday. Dont want to take much equipment, but I will be in the middle of no where and want to try my hand at Astrophotography - so Tripod/shutter release will be required.

I have a Fuji X-E1 and a Samyang 12mm f2.0 which is a combined weight of around 650g - and I just noticed the cube is a max recommended weight of 600.

Can anyone recommend any alternative small, light and cheap tripods that could be thrown in a backpack (a big ask, I know!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

so.. the cube arrived the other day - it seems sturdy enough even at the maximum weight. Wouldn't want to be doing landscapes on a windy day, but for light use it seems grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

try using the bottom small legs as a last option. Without them would say your safe hanging a bag on to it to help wind problems

Advertisement