Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent pubs in Moate and Killbeggan

Options
  • 27-11-2014 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Hey Peps,

Our Soccer club has a mystery bus pub crawl and muggings here organises the route, we will be going Clare -> Moate -> Houseleap -> Kilbeggan and finishing up in Tullamore.
    Tullamore and Clara I know well but I've never drank in Moate or Kelbeggan, just wondering what pubs you can recommend.
    I was thinking P Egans would be good as I hear they have some craft beer.

If you could also give me the pubs facebook handle that would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Search Facebook for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Search Facebook for them

Wow over 3000 posts and you came up with this invaluable nugget,
    I'm looking for people's opinions not Facebook's opinion's.

Now I wonder is worth my while to check all you previous post's to see if I can learn some valuable life's lessons from you profound wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Try Tripadviser then .:rolleyes:

If you could also give me the pubs facebook handle that would be great.

Erm...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anyway an actual reply for your post!! P Egans is a good spot, I find that it's such a random place as in you get chatting to strangers, it reminds me of Sean's bar in Athlone. Any time I've been there, not as much as I'd like, it's always wedged and its quite small, bit more room out the back.
    I like Dons, I think he's done a good job with the place. Nice crowd in there any night I've been in.

Not sure if there's anywhere in Moate that does craft beers though. I remember a craft beer pub opening on church street in Athlone some time back but that could be closed for all I know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 NetDabbler

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I like Dons, I think he's done a good job with the place. Nice crowd in there any night I've been in.

Not sure if there's anywhere in Moate that does craft beers though. I remember a craft beer pub opening on church street in Athlone some time back but that could be closed for all I know!

Don's does a craft pilsner on tap. He also has several unusual bottled beers such as Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale which is 8%. Oh, yes, the crowd is good there. Nice vibe to the place.

I think Maguires in Athlone, on Connaught Street, might have some craft beers. Not sure though. Haven't been there for a long time.

NetDabbler wrote: »

I think Maguires in Athlone, on Connaught Street, might have some craft beers. Not sure though. Haven't been there for a long time.

Maguires still does craft beers.

Thanks Sunny Dayz & NetDabbler, Thats Moate sorted, we won't be heading to Athlone as it's to far out of the way.
    Can you recommend any pub in Kilbeggan

:( Not looking good for Kilbeggan, maybe Horseleap might be a better stop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

I too recommend Dons, was there a few weeks back for beers, lots of nice craft beers on the night :D Couple of draft too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    ...P Egans is a good spot...

:D

+1

Advertisement