Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 Phat Laser Replacement

• 27-11-2014 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Are the laser assemblies manufacturer specific yeah? I've a Phillips & Lite On DG-16D2S here that needs a new laser. I've also some spare drives, one is a Phillips & BenQ VAD-6038, & I've two Hitatchi-LG GDR-3120L's here also...I don't suppose the laser units are interchangeable? If not, has anyone any good suppliers for the DG-16D2S?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Myrddin wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Are the laser assemblies manufacturer specific yeah? I've a Phillips & Lite On DG-16D2S here that needs a new laser. I've also some spare drives, one is a Phillips & BenQ VAD-6038, & I've two Hitatchi-LG GDR-3120L's here also...I don't suppose the laser units are interchangeable? If not, has anyone any good suppliers for the DG-16D2S?

The Samsung and phat Hitachi are both the same and the Phat Lite on and benQ are the same. So yes that BenQ lazer will work on the Lite On DG-16D2S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Really? Sweet, cheers for that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Samsung and phat Hitachi are both the same and the Phat Lite on and benQ are the same. So yes that BenQ lazer will work on the Lite On DG-16D2S.

Just to confirm, you were indeed correct. Laser swapped over & working away, many thanks :)

Advertisement